Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Trivia Advent Calendar - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Trivia Questions - all things Lincoln (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Trivia Advent Calendar (/thread-2060.html)

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Dave Taylor - 12-20-2016 12:12 PM

(12-20-2016 12:00 PM)J. Beckert Wrote:  Cora Lee Garrett - Booth's "little blue eyed pet"?

You got it, Joe. That is, indeed, a picture of Cora Lee Garrett. Cora was 3 years old when Booth arrived at her father's farm. John Wilkes Booth called Cora his "little blue-eyed pet" and enjoyed playing with her while he relaxed on the farm. At dinner one night, Mrs. Garrett spoke harshly to Cora and she began to cry. John Wilkes Booth comforted her and said, "Is my little blue eyes crying?". This image of Cora as an adult comes from the book History of the Garrett Family of Essex and Caroline Counties.

I happily cede my point to you, Joe.

Roger 10
Thomas 6
Joe 5
Dave 4
Laurie 3

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-20-2016 12:22 PM

Thanks, Dave. I'll take it. I think Eva comes back tomorrow. If I get every question she posts correct and answer the few remaining of my own, I could pull this off yet.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - L Verge - 12-20-2016 01:01 PM

(12-20-2016 06:56 AM)J. Beckert Wrote:  Welcome back to Day 20 of the Trivia Advent Calendar fun. "Who is this dude?", was kinda fun, wasn't it? Let's try a round of "Who is this gal?" and see if anything changes on the race to the finish to be this year's TAC Champ. Roger has a strong lead and Laurie seems to be MIA this year. If any of you are close to Surrattsville, please stop in and check on her. I'm worried the Yankees may have finally caught up with her....

Who is this gal????

Dear Joseph - I am writing this from Old Capitol Prison. A member of a secret agency came by and asked about my ties to the Trump organization, and I have been hauled off for further questioning... Angel

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-20-2016 01:09 PM

Oh, no! Don't tell them a thing! And we hope to have you back for Day 21!

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Thomas Kearney - 12-20-2016 01:34 PM

Laurie,

Stay right there. I'm on my way to bail you out

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Gene C - 12-20-2016 03:12 PM

Laurie,

Be sure to ask for the Old Capitol Prison Honors Card.
I've gotten a lot of use out of mine. You get all kinds of discounts on orange clothing, head lice shampoo, do it yourself tattoo removal, and books fabrics and furniture discounts from the Martha Stewart Prison Decorating collection.

Which reminds me of a song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmZdvVnMXCc&list=PL106BD1D4EAFFEC7F

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - L Verge - 12-20-2016 04:14 PM

You guys are great!

Thomas, be careful as you approach the prison. There seems to be a crowd out there demanding that I be drawn and quartered for my alleged ties to the Trump camp!

Gene, thanks for the news about the Honors Card. I especially need help in getting that tattoo of Booth off of my arm...

As for the chain gangs, I remember them vividly from my childhood here in Maryland. The video fails to point out, however, that black and white criminals worked together on the same chain. Our roads and byways and the trash situation seemed much better under their care (willingly or not). Here, only low-risk "criminals" such as traffic violators pick up trash along the roads today.

I ask a Christmas pardon for my politically incorrect thoughts. I watched the final interview with First Lady Michelle Obama last night, and she and I see eye to eye on one thing: She said that she says what she thinks. So do I. Maybe that's why I'm in the Old Capitol now?

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - wpbinzel - 12-21-2016 12:34 AM

(12-20-2016 01:01 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Dear Joseph - I am writing this from Old Capitol Prison. A member of a secret agency came by and asked about my ties to the Trump organization, and I have been hauled off for further questioning...

And, as I recall, the Warden's name is Jen.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-21-2016 11:36 AM

Welcome to Day 21 of the Trivia Advent Calendar fun. Dave jumped in yesterday and allowed me to score a point even after "Who is this gal?" backfired on me like old pickup. Thanks, Dave.

Today's entry even looks like a question mark! What could it be???

[attachment=2510]

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - RJNorton - 12-21-2016 11:48 AM

A close up of the coverlet from the bed Lincoln died upon at the Petersen House?

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Dave Taylor - 12-21-2016 11:51 AM

A close up of Laura Keene's dress?

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Eva Elisabeth - 12-21-2016 12:00 PM

I have no clue so far but I bet you touched it.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-21-2016 01:31 PM

No
No
Maybe......

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - L Verge - 12-21-2016 01:58 PM

That certainly looks like beaded pasementries on a patterned silk dress to me. Now to figure out whose... Mary Lincoln's, Elizabeth Keckly's, Clara Harris, ???

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - J. Beckert - 12-21-2016 02:22 PM

Beaded pasementries? What the heck is a pasementries? And are you out of jail already????

You're smokin' hot, Laurie. It's silk and if you stretch the circumstances a bit, all three of those names can be attached to this piece. Put it together and dismiss the class!

Hint # 1 - this piece is also a "silent witness".