Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Trivia Advent Calendar - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Trivia Questions - all things Lincoln (/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Trivia Advent Calendar (/thread-2060.html)

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Eva Elisabeth - 12-22-2014 11:29 AM

Thanks for guessing, Dave (I was running out of clues...) - kudos, this is correct:
[attachment=1325]
...and I actually "stole" the photo right from your wonderful blog and article:
http://boothiebarn.com/2014/11/12/the-burial-of-a-confederate-veteran/

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Eva Elisabeth - 12-22-2014 08:32 PM

On the home stretch - second to last window - #23:
[attachment=1329]
Who or what is hiding here?

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - RJNorton - 12-23-2014 06:03 AM

Abraham Lincoln's casket? (during the movements in 1901)

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Eva Elisabeth - 12-23-2014 06:45 AM

This is another of your outstanding ideas and guesses. I'm sorry this isn't anything ABRAHAM Lincoln. I'm aware this again is a very little and blurred cutting, so I'll describe it:

Hint #: You were supposed to see a sword and a rider's short leg.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - RJNorton - 12-23-2014 06:53 AM

Maybe Tad Lincoln on horseback?

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Eva Elisabeth - 12-23-2014 07:00 AM

Brilliant, Roger, that is correct. Here he is:
[attachment=1330]

Well, my guess is, not much if any guessing will go on tomorrow, so I post the Xmas Eve question already today. Here it goes - what/who do you guess is this?
[attachment=1331]

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Eva Elisabeth - 12-23-2014 09:26 AM

Hint #1: Please notice the Lincoln-like askew bow-tie...looks indeed like Mr. oDD Lincoln himself, doesn't he?

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - STS Lincolnite - 12-23-2014 10:16 AM

(12-23-2014 09:26 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Hint #1: Please notice the Lincoln-like askew bow-tie...looks indeed like Mr. oDD Lincoln himself, doesn't he?

Daniel Day Lewis?

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Eva Elisabeth - 12-23-2014 10:22 AM

Congrats, Scott - it's DDL receiving the Oscar for his performance as Abraham Lincoln:
[attachment=1332]
Here DDL shares some of his thoughts about his "role model":
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NpX3SL8AGDA

Today's Oscars goe to Dave, Roger and Scott for the most correct answers (6 everyone), and to Roger for daring to post the most guesses (17), all of which were brilliant!!!

Many thanks furthermore to Angela, Dave, Gene, Joe, Kees, Laurie, Roger M., Roger N. and Scott for all your wonderful replies, shared memories and other posts, and for many, many outstanding guesses, ideas and correct answers!

Thank y'all for playing this l'le game with me - I enjoyed it a lot. I hope you had some fun, too - I tried to find something for everyone and some things off the usual trivia path.

I wish you and yours (hope you have such) a fulfilling, merry Xmas and a happy 2015 in good health, and I feel with those who are not well, worried, unwillingly alone, or have to work. In any case - may all your wishes and dreams for the new year come true!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7shn1_paul-mccartney-wonderful-christmast_music

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - L Verge - 12-23-2014 11:40 AM

Eva,

Thank you for this creative and fun way to learn history - or to test our knowledge and eyesight and sensory skills. Even though I was quite lousy at guessing, it was still a lot of fun to see what you could come up with.

And, I join you in wishing everyone on this forum a wonderful holiday season and good fortune in the New Year.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Eva Elisabeth - 12-23-2014 01:36 PM

Thank you, Laurie.

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - LincolnToddFan - 12-24-2014 01:05 AM

Hi Eva...I am late to the fun, this looks amazing!

But he's not Daniel Day-Lewis anymore. He is SIR Daniel Day-Lewis..so I can be declared winner by default, no?
Tongue
*just kidding!!*

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Eva Elisabeth - 12-24-2014 07:53 PM

Wow, Toia, yes, you absolutely should - had I known you'd check in today I would have waited! Also I completely missed these recent "VIP news"!!! Thanks for sharing (and your kind words)!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2834740/Arise-Sir-Daniel-Day-Lewis-Oscar-winning-actor-knighted-Duke-Cambridge-glitzy-ceremony-Buckingham-Palace.html

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - LincolnToddFan - 12-26-2014 12:14 PM

I am completely in awe of him since seeing "Lincoln" and I am ashamed to admit that I never really sat up and took notice until then!

RE: Trivia Advent Calendar - Eva Elisabeth - 11-30-2015 07:05 PM

Good evening and welcome back to what I'm sure you'll agree is a long overdue installment of the "Trivia Advent calendar". (I brazenly stole this genius sentence composition from another thread...)

Can it be true that one year has already passed? It's December 1 - for me, and as I've learned, Americans love to be ahead of time, so it will sure be fine with everyone I start it now. So then, here opens window #1 for you to peep through.

I really like these lamps (first of all because of the color). Where are they?
[attachment=1967]