Lincoln Discussion Symposium
New Book to be published on the Petersen House - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: New Book to be published on the Petersen House (/thread-2025.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Book to be published on the Petersen House - Jim Garrett - 11-08-2014 01:38 PM

I have been given the great honor to announce that good friend and Symposium poster Kathy Canavan has signed a contract with University of Kentucky Press for the publication of (working title) Nightmare: The Last Hours of the Lincoln Assassination. For the past several years, Kathy has done extensive research on the occupants and events at the Petersen house and their neighbors. Rich in details, this book will bring to life the other side of the street much in the same manner that Tome Bogar has done with the east side of 10th Street. This book will enrich our knowledge of the assassination and how it effected the residents.

University of Kentucky Press was also the publisher for Ed Steer's Blood on the Moon. I think we are all looking forward to it's fall 2015 publication date. Three cheers for Kathy! Big Grin

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - L Verge - 11-08-2014 02:26 PM

Just her research on the Petersens alone is amazing. Congratulations, Kathy.

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - Lincoln Wonk - 11-08-2014 02:31 PM

Thanks Jim and Laurie, I'm walking on air here in Delaware to think that UPK will publish the manuscript. Of course, it wouldn't have been possible without your help and a gigantic assist from Ed Steers, who is one of the most generous people I've ever met. A writer's writer.

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - Eva Elisabeth - 11-08-2014 02:33 PM

Congrats from my side, too, Kathy!!!

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - Jim Garrett - 11-08-2014 02:46 PM

For those who don't know Kathy, she has been a reporter (and a crime reporter to boot!) for most of her career. This gives her a great edge on how to research the greatest crime of the 19th century. I have been very fortunate to have had hours and hours of conversations with Kathy and can say that she has put together something that will be a truly great book that will be a must have for all of us out there in the Lincoln Assassination community.

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - RJNorton - 11-08-2014 03:09 PM

This is wonderful news - congratulations, Kathy!!

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - Lincoln Wonk - 11-08-2014 03:15 PM

Thanks, Jim. Hi Eva. Actually, the book wouldn't make it to the printer without Betty O. who has been teaching me navigate the world of archive photos, even resizing photos for me. Betty is such an archives expert, but, of course, you all knew that.

Thanks, Roger. I'm excited.

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - Rsmyth - 11-09-2014 09:12 AM

Congratulations Kathy!

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - Lincoln Wonk - 11-09-2014 10:28 AM

Thanks, Rick.

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - Susan Higginbotham - 11-09-2014 01:41 PM

Looking forward to this!

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - BettyO - 11-10-2014 08:40 AM

Quote:Actually, the book wouldn't make it to the printer without Betty O. who has been teaching me navigate the world of archive photos, even resizing photos for me. Betty is such an archives expert, but, of course, you all knew that.
Thanks, Roger. I'm excited.

Thanks, Kathy! You flatter me way too much! Congratulations - can't wait for this one!!

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - HerbS - 11-10-2014 03:32 PM

Great job Kathy! I know how hard it is to published,so that is why I will settle to be a contributing author.If I had extra$$$$-I would be on a cruise!

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - brtmchl - 11-10-2014 06:45 PM

Congrats Kathy! That is wonderful.

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - Anita - 11-10-2014 09:10 PM

Very exciting news Kathy. Just wanted to add my congratulations. I love to look forward to good Lincoln-related reads. Thanks for this.

RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House - LincolnToddFan - 11-11-2014 07:23 PM

I am beyond excited for you Kathy...CONGRATS!!Big Grin