Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Assassination (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure (/thread-1595.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - RJNorton - 10-14-2014 05:27 AM

Don't miss Part 9 here.

You get to see Dave try something for the very first time. Hint: this lady would have watched the video "with interest."

[Image: lucy-hayes.jpg]

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - HerbS - 10-14-2014 07:40 AM

Asia Booth?-Herb Swingle

Henrietta Irving?-Herb Swingle

Laurie Verge?-Herb Swingle

BettyO?-Herb Swingle

Julia Grant?-Herb Swingle

Kate Larson?-Herb Swingle

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - RJNorton - 10-14-2014 07:51 AM

Hi Herb. It's Lucy Hayes.

P.S. Dave's facial expressions as he tastes what Rick gave him are priceless.

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - BettyO - 10-14-2014 08:08 AM

Ah....good ol' "Lemonade Lucy!"

I have to agree with Dave; never liked the taste of it myself!

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - HerbS - 10-14-2014 08:34 AM

All my Dr.lets me drink now, is ice-water-no alcohol or carbonated drinks.No fatty foods-I have lost 75lbs-207lbs-now.I will take life instead of the alternative.

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - BettyO - 10-14-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:All my Dr.lets me drink now, is ice-water-no alcohol or carbonated drinks.No fatty foods-I have lost 75lbs-207lbs-now.I will take life instead of the alternative.

Great for you, Herb! Keep at it!

In the past year, I've lost over 65 lbs and I want to lose another 25 lbs. I have more energy, my blood pressure is down (as long as I'm NOT at work! Angry) and I feel overall much better....I too am not ready for a "dirt nap" quite yet....

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - HerbS - 10-14-2014 01:14 PM

Amen to BettyO!-Am I gllad I am retired.-Herb

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - Rick Smith - 10-14-2014 01:22 PM

(10-14-2014 07:51 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Hi Herb. It's Lucy Hayes.

Dave had the look of the un-initiated after that first sip. I would imagine that Booth's expression on tasting his first draught of whiskey{at Surratt's then later in the woods} was one of sweet pleasure.
I've got to see if Dave will agree to remove the blue ribbon from his lapel and re-shoot that scene while employing the proper expression afterwards. "Ah. The pause that refreshes."

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - BettyO - 10-14-2014 01:43 PM

I can't drink wine without making a grimace! Somehow it always reminds me of a horrid cherry cough medicine that I was given as a child.... I also hate beer! Just never liked the alcohol taste nor smell....

I must admit though, that I love champagne and I also like hard cider....but only in moderation.

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - J. Beckert - 10-14-2014 02:24 PM

(10-14-2014 01:22 PM)Rick Smith Wrote:  

Dave had the look of the un-initiated after that first sip. I would imagine that Booth's expression on tasting his first draught of whiskey{at Surratt's then later in the woods} was one of sweet pleasure.
I've got to see if Dave will agree to remove the blue ribbon from his lapel and re-shoot that scene while employing the proper expression afterwards. "Ah. The pause that refreshes."

He may need some instruction and a live demonstration, Rick. I think we have some work to do, Son...

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - Rick Smith - 10-14-2014 02:52 PM

(10-14-2014 02:24 PM)J. Beckert Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 01:22 PM)Rick Smith Wrote:  

He may need some instruction and a live demonstration, Rick. I think we have some work to do, Son...

I do believe the live demonstration is well within the scope of our questionable abilities, son. Perhaps we should indulge in some practice time before hand. It would be the best thing, I believe.
I do so disapprove of not being prepared for any endeavor.

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - J. Beckert - 10-14-2014 04:11 PM

I concur, son. We'll meet up at Dave's house. I'll bring the cuspidor, you bring the cigars.

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - Rick Smith - 10-14-2014 04:26 PM

(10-14-2014 04:11 PM)J. Beckert Wrote:  I concur, son. We'll meet up at Dave's house. I'll bring the cuspidor, you bring the cigars.

Sounds good. See you there.

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - L Verge - 10-14-2014 04:31 PM

Dave,

Sounds to me like you better find yourself another pine thicket and hide from the forces of evil who are set upon bringing ruin and shame to you. I don't even want to think what the combination of unreconstructed Confederate and vile Yankee might do...

Yankee - forget the cuspidor. A Maxwell House coffee can works just fine down South.

RE: Dave Taylor's Great Adventure - Rick Smith - 10-14-2014 04:41 PM

(10-14-2014 04:26 PM)Rick Smith Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 04:11 PM)J. Beckert Wrote:  I concur, son. We'll meet up at Dave's house. I'll bring the cuspidor, you bring the cigars.

Sounds good. See you there.

(10-14-2014 04:31 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Dave,

Sounds to me like you better find yourself another pine thicket and hide from the forces of evil who are set upon bringing ruin and shame to you. I don't even want to think what the combination of unreconstructed Confederate and vile Yankee might do...

Yankee - forget the cuspidor. A Maxwell House coffee can works just fine down South.

I think she just called you out, son.