Lincoln Discussion Symposium
New Member-James McPherson - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: New Member-James McPherson (/thread-108.html)

New Member-James McPherson - HerbS - 07-23-2012 09:12 AM

I am sure we are all "young"enough to recognize this esteem Historian and Author to our forum.Welcome Mr.James McPherson!

RE: New Member-James McPherson - LincolnMan - 07-23-2012 09:17 AM

Yes, welcome! We look forward to continued interesting discussions and your insights will be treasured I'm sure.

RE: New Member-James McPherson - Rob Wick - 07-23-2012 01:02 PM

I too want to welcome Professor McPherson to the site. I had a brief experience with him when I was trying to decide whether to go to graduate school or not. After Battle Cry of Freedom appeared, I wrote to Professor McPherson telling him how much I enjoyed the book, and I also asked his opinion about grad school. He wrote me a very nice letter encouraging me to do so. I decided against it, but his kindness and helpful words meant a great deal to me. I have the letter he sent, along with a letter sent to me from C. Vann Woodward on the same topic, framed and both hang proudly above my desk. Welcome, sir. It is indeed an honor.

Best
Rob

RE: New Member-James McPherson - RJNorton - 07-23-2012 01:18 PM

I would like to join the others in welcoming Dr. McPherson to the discussion group. To have a Pulitzer Prize winner here is truly an honor!

RE: New Member-James McPherson - Linda Anderson - 07-23-2012 05:03 PM

Welcome, Dr. McPherson!

RE: New Member-James McPherson - JMadonna - 07-23-2012 06:56 PM

Thank you for joining us Dr. McPherson.
I hope you'll give us a update on your latest endeavor.

RE: New Member-James McPherson - BettyO - 07-23-2012 07:20 PM

Thank you ever so much Dr. McPherson for joining our Forum!
We are delighted to have you with us!