Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Jim Garrett at Gettysburg - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Jim Garrett at Gettysburg (/thread-1022.html)

Jim Garrett at Gettysburg - Rsmyth - 06-30-2013 11:37 AM

If anyone is travelling to Gettysburg be sure to stop by and say hello to Jim Garrett. He is under the big tent.
[Image: jiir.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RE: Jim Garrett at Gettysburg - L Verge - 06-30-2013 11:47 AM

We should have loaned Jim the replica tombstone for Frederick Aiken that our exhibit shop produced when we were raising funds for that project.

RE: Jim Garrett at Gettysburg - GARY POPOLO - 06-30-2013 09:28 PM

Hello All! Something I hope you all had a chance to watch tonight on American History channel / C-Span. They are showing Gettysburg Nalt. Park and doing a day by day of the battle. Looks like there are a few thousand people watching the program. They had different people speaking and cannon fire. And of coarse they have the candles all over the graves. I never forget the first time I was able to see that scene. That is something I will never forget. Will be going back to Gettysburg in July for the 150th ceremony. A personal friend of mine is one of the leaders in the Philadelphia Brigade band who is playing a number of benefits over the weekend. Can not wait to go back. Best Gary

(06-30-2013 11:37 AM)Rsmyth Wrote:  If anyone is travelling to Gettysburg be sure to stop by and say hello to Jim Garrett. He is under the big tent.
[Image: jiir.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Jim, When are you going to be in Gettysburg. would enjoy meeting you. Best Gary

RE: Jim Garrett at Gettysburg - RJNorton - 07-04-2013 08:43 AM

If anyone has not seen the movie Gettysburg (4 1/2 hours) and would like to watch it please go here.

RE: Jim Garrett at Gettysburg - BettyO - 07-04-2013 05:50 PM

I LOVE this movie - and watch it every 4th of July.....
Adrian Moats, who directed Killing Lincoln, also directed Gettysburg -

I had the pleasure of working with Mr. Moats last year on Killing Lincoln and he is a charming, congenial gentleman who is extremely interested in historical accuracy....