Seeking Lincoln expert for New Travel Channel series
05-28-2013, 02:29 PM
Seeking Lincoln expert for New Travel Channel series
Hello! I'm an associate producer working on a new show for the Travel Channel AND I'm looking for a Boston based historian with expert knowledge on Lincoln who would be comfortable being on camera. Our segment focuses on a hotel where John Wilkes Booth stayed prior to his journey to Washington DC and the assassination of Lincoln. Wilkes Booth checked into the hotel 9 days prior to practice his gun firing skills. Does anyone on the forum have any specific knowledge on this event that they could share? Thanks All
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: Seeking Lincoln expert for New Travel Channel series
I would think that Mr. Arthur Loux would be the ideal person. His book, John Wilkes Day by Day should be out soon - he has researched the subject for over 35 years. Please send me a private message and I can fill you in on the particulars.

Thanks and Welcome to our Forum! You'll find we're very friendly and congenial as well as knowledgeable. Mr. Loux however does not live in Boston.

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
05-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Sounds like a great subject.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-28-2013, 06:08 PM
I would certainly agree on Art Loux being a great person to consult with, but he's based in Kansas. Closer to the Boston area would be Dr. Thomas Turner, retired professor from Bridgewater College in Massachusetts and author of several books on the Lincoln assassination. A third recommendation would be Dr. Terry Alford, who lives in the Metropolitan D.C. area and will have what is likely to be the definitive biography of JWB coming out in 2014. All three men have years and years of experience in the field.

And, as director of the Surratt House Museum in Maryland, I would like to offer the museum's assistance if needed. We have a wonderful research facility and have recently worked with the American Film Company's The Conspirator, directed by Robert Redford, and with Nat Geo's great docu-drama which aired this past February entitled Killing Lincoln and produced under the direction of Erik Jendresen of this forum. Contact me at laurie.verge@pgparks.com or 301-868-1121, if we can be of assistance.
05-29-2013, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2013 08:14 PM by scldrgnfly.)
I would like to put a vote in for Laurie Verge! I can't imagine ANY Lincoln Assassination Conspiracy project that doesn't have her name listed in the credits, or at least, should!
05-29-2013, 08:20 PM
I vote for Laurie, too!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
05-29-2013, 09:58 PM
I'll second that.
All in favor say yes.
"YES"
It's unanimous.
(We can even take up a collecton for your bus fare)

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
05-30-2013, 07:45 AM
(05-29-2013 09:58 PM)Gene C Wrote:  I'll second that.
All in favor say yes.
"YES"
It's unanimous.
(We can even take up a collecton for your bus fare)

Bus fare???? Bus fare???? The whole thing?
05-30-2013, 08:36 AM
I second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. everyone! Wonderful idea, Martha.
05-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Thank you, all, very much. However, I consider myself a facilitator, not a commentator. I love helping researchers and putting them in contact with the right historians. I'm not as comfortable being the "star" in front of the camera.
06-08-2013, 09:40 PM
[quote='Laurie Verge' pid='19250' dateline='1369922934']
Thank you, all, very much. However, I consider myself a facilitator, not a commentator. I love helping researchers and putting them in contact with the right historians. I'm not as comfortable being the "star" in front of the camera.
[/quot

I'll cast my vote for Laurie as well. If you decide to come up, let me know. We can pick you up at South Station and Chauffeur where you need to be. I work right in Copley. Not even a 10 minute walk to the Parker House.
06-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Nice Avatar Daniel.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2013, 10:12 PM
(06-08-2013 09:42 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Nice Avatar Daniel.

Thank you Bill!