Is OBama-Lincoln reincarnated?
04-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Is OBama-Lincoln reincarnated?
I was asked how I felt about that this morning by who I think is a very intellegent man.My answer was he thinks he is! I told him that I was going to test that question on this forum.What is your opinion?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2013, 04:15 PM
RE: Is OBama-Lincoln reincarnated?
Interesting that our 2 presidents from Illinois preside over 2 great social changes in American History
04-13-2013, 04:27 PM
(04-13-2013 03:15 PM)HerbS Wrote:  I was asked how I felt about that this morning by who I think is a very intellegent man.My answer was he thinks he is! I told him that I was going to test that question on this forum.What is your opinion?

Anything is possible.

‘I’ve danced at Abraham Lincoln’s birthday bash... I’ve peaked.’
Leigh Boswell - The Open Doorway.
http://earthkandi.blogspot.co.uk/
04-13-2013, 06:19 PM
No. He's not.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
04-13-2013, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2013 08:02 PM by Gene C.)
Last time I made a political comment, I got myself in trouble (deservedly so) so I'll let Fido take this one

"If Lincoln were to be reincarnated he'd come back as a dog" - Fido

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
04-13-2013, 08:12 PM
No, he isn't at all (not saying Obama is bad, just saying he isn't Lincoln). Two completely different souls. Wink

*creeps away*
04-13-2013, 08:40 PM
I don't know the answer to the question, but there are some interesting coincidences:

**They both come from Illinois.
**They both served several terms in the Illinois state legislature (Lincoln in the House and Obama in the State Senate).
**They both served in Congress for one term (Lincoln in the House, Obama in the Senate, though only for the first four years of his six-year term).
**They both took a circuitous route to end up in Illinois (Lincoln by way of Kentucky and Indiana, Obama by way of Hawaii, California and New York).
**They both lost a parent at a young age (Lincoln's mother died when he was nine; Obama's father left him and his mother when Obama was still a baby).
**They were both self-made men, although, unlike Lincoln, Obama did graduate from high school and earn college and law school degrees. But Obama did not come from money and did not have any connections; in that sense, he made his way himself.
**Lincoln was a genius, Obama may be a genius (he is highly intelligent and an intellectual, at the very least).
**Both men won reelection as president.
**They're both tall and skinny.

One huge dissimilarity is that Lincoln's wife probably had psychiatric issues which manifested themselves publicly; Obama's wife seems very well-adjusted and stable!

The story of Obama's presidency is still being written, so it's hard to say what his legacy will be. We already know what Lincoln's legacy is.

Check out my web sites:

http://www.petersonbird.com

http://www.elizabethjrosenthal.com
04-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Well, okay, I'm not political either, but if Obama were to give his next State of the Union speech wearing a stove pipe hat I would have to say yes. Big Grin

Craig
04-13-2013, 09:18 PM
(04-13-2013 09:04 PM)Craig Hipkins Wrote:  Well, okay, I'm not political either, but if Obama were to give his next State of the Union speech wearing a stove pipe hat I would have to say yes. Big Grin

Craig

Since you mention it,,,

[Image: obamaabe.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=3...stcount=19
04-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Great one, Linda. Reminds me of the mid-50s song The Great Pretender. End of comment. Move over Gene and Fido, make room in the dog house for me...
04-13-2013, 09:41 PM
This conversation is akin to Clinton being the first black president
04-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Obama would like to think he is. As has been said-his history is still being written-so its too early to say. If he is, I hope the end doesn't result in his assassination as with Lincoln!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Lincoln wouldn't keep the American people in the dark as to who his real father is. But I guess it doesn't make any difference to alot of Americans.
04-14-2013, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013 09:38 AM by Gene C.)
That may be true, but Lincoln's original birth certificate was never found. Rolleyes
(I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it)

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
04-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Here is Peggy Walters' account of Abraham Lincoln's birth:

I was twenty years old, then, and helping to bring a baby into the world was more of an event to me than it became afterward. But I was married young, and had a baby of my own, and I had helped mother, who, as you know, was quite famous as a granny-woman, and I had gone several times to help when I was sent for. It was Saturday afternoon, I remember, when Tom Lincoln sent over and asked me to come, and I got up behind the boy that rode across to fetch me, and I rode across to the cabin that then stood here. It was a short ride, less than a mile. It was winter, but it was mild weather, and I don't think there was any snow. If there was any then, it wasn't much, and no snow fell that night. They sent for me quite as soon as there was any need, for when I got there nothing much was happening. They sent for her two aunts, Mis' Betsy Sparrow and Mis' Polly Friend, and these both came, but they lived about two miles away, so I was there before them, and we all had quite a spell to wait, and we got everything ready that we could.

They were poor folks, but so were most of their neighbors, and they didn't lack anything they needed. Nancy had a good feather-bed under her; it wasn't a goose-feather bed, hardly anyone had that kind then, but good hen feathers. And she had blankets enough. There was a little girl there, two years old. Her name was Sarah. She went to sleep before much of anything happened.

Well, there isn't much that a body can tell about things of that kind. Nancy had about as hard a time as most women, I reckon, easier than some and maybe harder than a few. It all came along kind of slow, but everything was regular and all right. The baby was born just about sunup, on Sunday morning. Nancy's two aunts took the baby and washed him and dressed him, and I looked after Nancy. That's about all there is to tell. I remember it better than I do some cases that came later, because I was young, and hadn't had so much experience as I had afterward. But I remember it all right well.

Oh, yes, and I remember one other thing. After the baby was born, Tom came and stood there beside the bed and looked down at Nancy, lying there, so pale and so tired, and he stood there with that sort of a hang-dog look that a man has, sort of guilty like, but mighty proud, and he says to me, 'Are you sure she's all right, Mis' Walters'? And Nancy kind of stuck out her hand and reached for his, and said, 'Yes, Tom, I am all right.' And then she said, 'You're glad it's a boy, Tom, aren't you? So am I.'

No, there isn't much you can tell anybody about things of that sort. But Tom Lincoln was mighty anxious about his wife, while she was suffering, and mighty good to her, too. And they were both proud and happy that it was a boy. You can't tell much about the birth of a baby, except that you were there, and that the baby was born. But you can tell whether folks wants the baby or not, and whether they love or hate each other on account of it. I was young then, and I noticed and remembered everything. I remember it a heap better than I remember much that happened afterward. I tell you I never saw a prouder father than Tom Lincoln; and I never saw a mother more glad than Nancy was to know that her baby was a boy.

And they sort of explained to me how they named the little girl Sarah because the name Abraham didn't fit, and Sarah was the next best. For Tom's father, that was killed by Indians when Tom was a little boy, his name was the one they wanted the first baby to have. And so Nancy says to Tom, 'Now we can use the name we couldn't use before.'

And Tom says, says he, 'Yes, Nancy, and it's a right good name. This here baby boy,' says he, 'is named Abraham Lincoln.'

Dennis Hanks held the baby briefly and commented,"...he'll never come to much,' fur I'll tell you he wuz the puniest, cryin'est little youngster I ever saw."