A C Richards Photo ?
03-11-2013, 06:32 PM
A C Richards Photo ?
In search of a picture of Polise Chief A C Richads and have come up dry. Any leads?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: A C Richards Photo ?
David -

Go here: http://mpdc.dc.gov/biography/ac-richards

[Image: acrichards.jpg]

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Speaking of A C Richards, there are still a couple letters from him to Louis Weichmann on Ebay (they've been there on and off for several months)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lead-Detective-L...2ec03e53c9

A bit overpriced in my opinion

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
03-11-2013, 07:29 PM
About five or six years ago, I was contacted by a police officer with the D.C. Metropolitan Police seeking information on A.C. Richards. He had just been appointed historian for the department and was seeking information. Luckily, a former member of the Surratt Society, Gary Planck, had written a small (very scarce) booklet on Richards, and I was able to send the police information as well as put them in contact with Gary. This same police officer was the one who told me that the records on John Parker were tossed out in the 1950s or 60s and rescued from the trash by an officer who supposedly still has them in his possession.

I'm glad to see that they were able to post a brief history on Richards as a result of the assist. Now, if they would just tell me who has Parker's records.....
03-11-2013, 08:35 PM
There is a picture of A.C. Richards and his grave in the new book by Rich Smyth and yours truly, available beginning at the Surratt Conference. "The Lincoln Assassination, Where Ae They Now", at the remarkabl;y low low price of $14.95......shameless plug.
03-11-2013, 08:39 PM
I would also like to see the Parker file. I would hope that it might exactly describe his responsibilities on April 14th. Even though he was subject to some kind of disciplinary hearing shortly thereafter, he was back on the job before long, so I can't see much coming from his hearing. Then again, if he was in the theater, it may reveal another account of Booth's movements.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
03-11-2013, 09:03 PM
(03-11-2013 08:35 PM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  There is a picture of A.C. Richards and his grave in the new book by Rich Smyth and yours truly, available beginning at the Surratt Conference. "The Lincoln Assassination, Where Ae They Now", at the remarkabl;y low low price of $14.95......shameless plug.

Here is Amazon's web page for the book. It looks interesting. And at only $ 0.078 per page, quite a bargain
http://www.amazon.com/The-Lincoln-Assass...e+they+now

For those of us who will be unable to attend the Surratt Conference this year, are copies available through the Surratt House?

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
03-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Indeed they are. As I understand it, our first copies are being hand-delivered on Wednesday in time for the conference -- literally hot off the press. I saw Rich's and Jim's early drafts on this, and trust me, you are going to want a copy.
03-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Congratulations Jim and Rich!
03-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Thank you very much John!
03-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Congratulations guys!! Looking forward to seeing the book this weekend!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
03-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Thank you Betty. I am bringing my well worn copy of Alias Paine for you to sign.