Welcome Matthew Macoubrie
01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Welcome Matthew Macoubrie
Lately a college student named Matt Macoubrie has been in the news. He has authored a Lincoln assassination book entitled Piercing the Head of Equality. Matt's book is written especially for students, and he's now working on a second edition.

Matt (JWB1865) joined our forum last night.

You can read about Matt here and he has his own website here.

Welcome Matt!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2013, 09:59 AM
RE: Welcome Matthew Macoubrie
Welcome, Matt!

Very, very commendable what you are doing! You are in college, right? I was about your age when I started work on Alias Paine - years ago!

We're looking forward to your posts! We're a friendly group of folk with a love of history (my specialty is the assassination) and we also like to have fun from time to time!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
01-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Welcome, Matt! Or should I say the "welcome mat" is out for you! Smile

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Glad to have you here, Matt. But could you please at least have the decency to wait for some of us to publish our first book before bringing out your second? Smile

Seriously, well done!

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
01-18-2013, 11:46 AM
I am indeed in college. I am a senior at Wayne State College in Wayne, NE majoring in Social Sciences Education for Secondary Schools. I am excited to talk all about the assassination and the stories that people have!
01-18-2013, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2013 03:32 PM by Gene C.)
Nice to have you join us. Congrats for taking the time and effort to write your own book for middle school and high school students. I'm looking forword to hearing the perspectives of another younger person.

BettyO did you notice on his web site he had photo's of Lewis toothbrush and comb.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
01-18-2013, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2013 12:10 PM by BettyO.)
Welcome, Matt!

That's wonderful - it's grand that you have done this....another young gentleman on our Forum (and has a WONDERFUL BLOG to boot) is Dave Taylor. His site is "BoothieBarn", URL - http://boothiebarn.com/

He's about your age. Hope you can come to the Surratt Conference in March - I will be a speaker as well Dave Taylor, Dr. Blaine Houmes and others. We'd LOVE to have you attend! It's similar to a "comix-com" for Assassination Buffs - but NO - we don't wear pointy ears or "dress as your favorite conspirator!" HA!
It's an extremely scholarly conference with talks, book signings and a banquet. Please visit the Surratt Society site to see particulars on attending. Do you belong to the Surratt Society?

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
01-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Hi, Matt, Laurie Verge from Surratt House Museum here. Glad that you took my suggestion and checked out this excellent forum. We're in this to help each other, and there are many great minds present here. Feel free to pick these brains until someone tells you to stop.
01-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi,Matt,Enjoy this collection of information givers!
01-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Yesterday there was an article about our new member, Matt, in the San Francisco Chronicle.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Wayne...209528.php
01-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Weclome aboard and congratulations on your book Matt! I believe you will be happy you signed on to this forum. We have alot of good people here that enjoy discussing almost anything Lincoln and the civil war. Gary P.
01-21-2013, 10:28 PM
We welcome you Matt!!
01-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Just wanted to say how impressed I am with you, Matt! I think it's awesome you wrote a book for students. Welcome to the board! Everyone here is wonderful.

(Betty, you killed me with the "dress up as your favorite conspirator at the Surratt Conference" comment!)
01-23-2013, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 02:19 PM by BettyO.)
Quote:(Betty, you killed me with the "dress up as your favorite conspirator at the Surratt Conference" comment!)

Perhaps all the "She Rebels" would look like this if we DID dress....The hemp "necklace" is to Die for! HA!!

[Image: marysurrattwnooseanduni.jpg]

01-23-2013, 02:51 PM
For once in my life, I'm speechless...!!!