This is CRAZY!!!
01-29-2018, 12:38 PM
This is CRAZY!!!
So some of you might remember how I was "slightly" obsessed with researching Frederick Aiken (Mary Surratt's defense attorney) a couple of years ago? The other day we were checking some of our old external hard drives to see which we could erase and I found my research. Hadn't thought too much about him for a while, but today while walking on the treadmill I thought, "I should check on familyseach for him." FS has a relatively new feature that allows you to see if/how you are related to someone. The program checks your ancestors and theirs to find a common one. HAHAHAHA! This morning I introduced my husband and children to their COUSIN Frederick Aiken - through my husband's mother's line (10 back) and Frederick's mother's line!

Some of the dates are wrong and need more checking, but the possibility is so funny!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2018, 01:47 PM
RE: This is CRAZY!!!
There must be a mystical name for this, Christine!
01-29-2018, 01:48 PM
Oh my....unreal! (I have not forgotten all the research you did, Christine!)
02-08-2018, 01:55 PM
And to add to the weirdness. I just looked up Mary Surratt and my husband is related to her through his Booth line!
02-10-2018, 06:40 AM
(02-08-2018 01:55 PM)Christine Wrote:  And to add to the weirdness. I just looked up Mary Surratt and my husband is related to her through his Booth line!

Not as crazy as you might think, Christine. Idea Someone was reminding you to continue your research. I think it is fantastic!