Abraham Lincoln 'live' at Studebaker Museum on Nov. 9
11-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Abraham Lincoln 'live' at Studebaker Museum on Nov. 9
SOUTH BEND — President Abraham Lincoln will "come to life" at two events Thursday Nov. 9 at Studebaker National Museum, 201 S. Chapin St.

Kevin Wood, an Illinois resident, portrays Lincoln, the president who led the United States through the Civil War and was assassinated shortly after it ended.

Wood will present two programs at the museum on Nov. 9: at 10 and 11:30 a.m. Portraying Lincoln, he will recount stories from his life and interact with museum visitors. He'll also visit the historic Lincoln carriage, which the president rode to Ford's Theater on the night of his assassination. The carriage is in the museum's collection.

The fee to attend Wood's appearance is admission to the museum. The event is free for Studebaker National Museum and History Museum members.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/lo...d21d4.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2019, 11:09 AM
RE: Abraham Lincoln 'live' at Studebaker Museum on Nov. 9
I've been meaning to go to that museum for years but haven't been able to yet. I understand the museum has the carriage that the Lincolns used on the way to the theater on April 14?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2019, 11:47 AM
(12-09-2019 11:09 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  I've been meaning to go to that museum for years but haven't been able to yet. I understand the museum has the carriage that the Lincolns used on the way to the theater on April 14?

Yes, Bill. If my memory were correct, the only book I have which says who was seated where is Jim Bishop's The Day Lincoln Was Shot. He says Clara Harris and Henry Rathbone were seated backwards, facing the Lincolns. I do not know where Mr. Bishop got this information.

[Image: LincolnCarriage.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
12-09-2019, 03:35 PM
Interesting. It is certainly worth seeing. Not sure when we can get there. Guess it stays on my bucket list.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user