Glad Tiddings!
09-11-2017, 10:54 AM
Glad Tiddings!
Just heard from Roger's daughter, Sarah.....

All is good! Roger, Vicki and Addie rode out the storm with nothing more than loss of lights and phone. She says he misses the forum -- and of course we MISS him, too!

I told Sarah to give him our love..... don't know how long they will be in the dark, but hope it isn't too long -

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2017, 11:26 AM
RE: Glad Tiddings!
Very good news - thanks for sharing.
09-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Answered prayers!

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
09-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Happy to hear it! I have heard from other sources in Florida that the storm was relentless, that many trees were uprooted and there are wide spread power outages that may take several days or a week to restore. However, structural damage and threats to life were relatively minor. The biggest concern now is for those is low-lying areas and flooding.
09-11-2017, 12:26 PM
I can start breathing once again!!
09-11-2017, 12:27 PM
That's great news!
09-11-2017, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 02:25 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
Thank you, Betty, for these good news and relieving us!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to hear! I hope power and so Roger will be back soon!!!!
09-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Betty, many thanks for relieving my anxiety about Roger and Vicki.
09-12-2017, 12:45 AM
Great news - thanks for sharing!

In case of emergency, Lincoln and children first.
09-13-2017, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2017 02:26 PM by JMadonna.)
What about the Ford-Edison house ?
09-13-2017, 04:03 PM
Obviously the house is intact, just the garden needs some "repair" as trees came down.
09-13-2017, 05:28 PM
I hope Roger is keeping a journal of his hurricane experiences, including price changes and the product shortages.
Years from now when people are using his web site for Lincoln research they will say to themselves,
is this the same Roger Norton that wrote that diary about his experience in Hurricane Irma. The movie was fantastic.

09-13-2017, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 12:39 AM by Steve.)
(09-13-2017 05:28 PM)Gene C Wrote:  I hope Roger is keeping a journal of his hurricane experiences, including price changes and the product shortages.
Years from now when people are using his web site for Lincoln research they will say to themselves,
is this the same Roger Norton that wrote that diary about his experience in Hurricane Irma. The movie was fantastic.
But there'll be historians who'll pan the movie for being historically inaccurate claiming the "Roger Norton diary" is a forgery by citing a computer comparison of its words with the known Norton writings.
09-14-2017, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 08:20 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
(09-13-2017 05:28 PM)Gene C Wrote:  I hope Roger is keeping a journal of his hurricane experiences, including price changes and the product shortages.
And several days of power loss.
09-14-2017, 11:07 AM
So true Eva.
The aroma's emanating from a closed refrigerator after several days of power loss can be quite memorable.
(It stinks!)

It also attracts Zombies and alligators