Thread Closed 
SIR ROGER, OUR SHINING KNIGHT
06-27-2017, 02:07 PM
SIR ROGER, OUR SHINING KNIGHT
Dear Roger,

Five years ago, ALO had shut down its discussion thread and, in reptilian fashion, another site had engaged in bullying and many of us were mourning the loss of the former and deserting the latter over its unjust treatment of you. So what was one to do? In truly inspired moment, our shining knight, Sir Roger, started the Lincoln Discussion Symposium which featured enough THREADS to satisfy every type of Lincoln-ophile on the planet. And here we are five years later celebrating our leader and his vision. KUDOS to you, Roger and to Vicki for her support of your enterprise!

More to the point, your site has been characterized by a degree of fairness to all which encourages people to join and participate (although I must admit that my contributions are few and far between). Even so, I enjoy reading the threads from time-to-time. Your patience with contributors that are out of the mainstream is great and I sometimes wish you would yield your scalpel a little sooner; but that is part of your charm and graciousness as the host of the Symposium.

Without your vision to see the need for such a site, the late September/early October "Springfield Tours" might never have happened, and I would not count among my friends Rob and Cheryl Wick, Gene and Joy Cook, Dave and Jan Grimm, Scott Schroeder, and others who have joined us. Some of those I mention encouraged me to write my book on New Salem.

So, my friend, here's to the next five years and beyond.

All the best to you, Vicki, and Addison,

Joe
Find all posts by this user
06-27-2017, 02:54 PM
RE: SIR ROGER, OUR SHINING KNIGHT
Dear Joe,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and support. Basically I am speechless.

Best,
Roger

P.S. As I have done before with topics that bring out my irreversible shyness I shall close the thread and just say a big thank you to all the folks who contribute to the forum.

Our cat, Addison, also says thank you.

[Image: Addison November15 - 2015.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed