Travel Channel
03-22-2017, 08:38 PM
Travel Channel
Surratt House will host the film crew from the Travel Channel on April 10 as they work on a new production for their "Mysteries at the Museum" segment. Our good friend, Kate Clifford Larson, (author of the Assassin's Accomplice and an adviser for The Conspirator movie) will be doing the historic narration for the Mary Surratt portion. No indication as to when it will air.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2017, 10:17 AM
RE: Travel Channel
Are they finally going to prove Mary's complete innocence?
04-14-2017, 07:42 PM
(03-23-2017 10:17 AM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  Are they finally going to prove Mary's complete innocence?

Our good friend, Kate Larson, narrated the segment at Surratt House. As author of The Assassin's Accomplice, I doubt that Kate gave a totally sympathetic view of Mary (and I'm on Kate's side).

The crew was back this morning to meet with Mike Kauffman, who then went with them to film the segment on Booth's escape route. They could not have a better guide than Mike, and I understand that they had even rented a rowboat and a lifeguard to simulate the river crossing. I doubt seriously that they will do anything more than row a decent distance from shore to get a realistic shot.

They hope to have this production on the air in July. Are they thinking about the July 9 anniversary of "the gallows?"
04-14-2017, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2017 11:09 PM by Gene C.)
Are they finally going to reveal that John Wilkes Booth escaped from Garrett's farm but was secretly hidden in an underground Confederate military installation of tunnels and bunkers hidden away under Hwy 301, only to be recaptured and kept there by federal authorities ?

Of course the government will deny there is any connection to that and the location of Fort A P Hill and A P Hill Boulevard and that it's just a coincidence. We have mentioned the destruction of Garrett's farm when they four-laned Hwy 301, and more damage, barriers and trespassing warnings from more recent construction.
Everyone knows that when the government starts to deny anything, that means its probably true.
Cool

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
04-15-2017, 02:09 PM
If your chuckle just started another version of bad history, Gene, I swear I'll put you on my hit list...!