Old Photos
11-21-2016, 02:35 PM
Old Photos
Did not want to interrupt any readings of Angela's report on the Lincoln Forum, so am posting this suggestion of something to view under this topic. Lots of photos, but you can stop whenever you get bored. I enjoyed the old photo of Teddy Roosevelt as a teenager.

https://biggeekdad.com/2016/10/historica...-color-ii/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: Old Photos
Thanks for sharing, Laurie. The photo of Thomas Edison, John Burroughs, and Henry Ford was taken close to where Vicki and I live.
11-21-2016, 07:35 PM
(11-21-2016 03:09 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Thanks for sharing, Laurie. The photo of Thomas Edison, John Burroughs, and Henry Ford was taken close to where Vicki and I live.

Somewhere, there is a photo of Betty, Joan Chaconas, and I with several of our friends standing under a huge Banyan tree (did I spell and identify that "shrub" correctly?) near that spot. It was taken over twenty years ago when Betty spoke to a group in Ft. Myers shortly after her Powell book was released. Absolutely beautiful area.
11-22-2016, 05:47 AM
The huge banyan tree is still there at the Edison Home. Here is a 16 second video that captures the enormity of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHYU72mIt_c
11-28-2016, 10:35 AM
The home and laboratory of Alexander Graham Bell still stands in Georgetown. One of Teddy Roosevelt's home is on Brancroft Street in the Kalorama neighborhood. Alice Roosevelt Longworth, oldest child of TR, lived on Dupont Circle. Her home still stands next to the Embassy Row Hotel on Massachusetts Ave.
11-28-2016, 08:31 PM
(11-21-2016 07:35 PM)L Verge Wrote:  
(11-21-2016 03:09 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Thanks for sharing, Laurie. The photo of Thomas Edison, John Burroughs, and Henry Ford was taken close to where Vicki and I live.

Somewhere, there is a photo of Betty, Joan Chaconas, and I with several of our friends standing under a huge Banyan tree (did I spell and identify that "shrub" correctly?) near that spot. It was taken over twenty years ago when Betty spoke to a group in Ft. Myers shortly after her Powell book was released. Absolutely beautiful area.
Absolutely one magic, beautiful place. The tree and Estate first enchanted me in 1990, and two years ago I felt the same. Timeless.
12-11-2016, 05:05 PM
(11-22-2016 05:47 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  The huge banyan tree is still there at the Edison Home. Here is a 16 second video that captures the enormity of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHYU72mIt_c
Just happened to find this 2014 photo in my files:

12-11-2016, 10:41 PM
Thanks for sharing Laurie. The photo of Indianapolis looks like it could have been taken in Vatican City.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford