STOP THAT MAN !!!
04-28-2016, 10:42 AM
STOP THAT MAN !!!
Last week I had the pleasure of presenting a speech for Technology, Education and Design in Pittsburgh, PA. I was honored to be asked to participate in this event.
The theme was "Ideas Worth Spreading". The challenge was to relay your idea within a 12 minute time frame.
The title of my speech was: Stop That Man: Could Lincoln's Death Have Been Prevented.

Touch the link below to see a video of my speech and photos from the event:

https://twitter.com/April14th1865
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2016, 11:05 AM
RE: STOP THAT MAN !!!
Keep up the good work, Paige!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
04-28-2016, 11:53 AM
https://twitter.com/Tek2012Tek/status/72...6302746624

Kudos!

Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber.
04-28-2016, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 02:44 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
Kudos, Paige - way to go!
04-28-2016, 01:05 PM
I enjoyed your presentation, Paige. Thank you for posting this for all to see and learn. As I was watching it on YouTube I noticed it already has over 200 views. Kudos!
04-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Excellent presentation and well-timed into the short period for presentation given you. The time factor is critical for public speakers to understand. Too many take too long to get their points across and end up having the audience doze on them. I once sat on an interview panel when our church was seeking a new priest. One of the vestry asked how long his sermons would be (only half joking). The reply was, "No more than fifteen minutes. If you haven't said what you need to say in that amount of time, you don't know what you want to say." Yes, he was hired.

In the academic field, we allow longer -- in the case of the Surratt Conference, 45 for talk and 15 for Q&A. Most venues offer about that time when dealing with multiple speakers, so you did quite well.
05-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful comments! I am so glad to hear everyone enjoyed my speech; for I truly enjoyed presenting it.