2016 Surratt Conference
11-15-2015, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2015 12:19 PM by L Verge.)
2016 Surratt Conference
Conference brochures have been in the mail to Surratt Society members now for about ten days, and we already have about 25 people registered. Since they have now had advanced notice, I'm ready to fill in the blanks for others thinking of joining the gang.

WHEN: Weekend of April 8-10, 2016
WHERE: Surratt House Museum and Colony South Hotel and Conference Center - both in Clinton, Maryland
WHAT: Friday, April 8 - Bus Tour of Charles County, Maryland, The Land Between the Lines (8:30 am to 5:30 pm) Reception at the museum's James O. Hall Research Center that evening.

Saturday, April 9 - Sessions open at Colony South with breakfast and welcome and a keynote address by our Scarlett O'Hara on this forum - Paige Palmer (age 17). The day will be devoted to presentations by Heath Atkinson on following Mr. Lincoln's body from Petersen's to the White House; Kathy Canavan on the scenes at Petersen's during the death watch; John Elliott on scenes from the courtroom; Kate Ramirez on the wrongful execution of Mary Surratt; and John Fazio on The Great Kidnapping Myth. (Note that you know them all through their participation on this wonderful forum.)

There will be an Authors' Hour following the sessions and a banquet that evening with entertainment by the Shenandoah Travellers.

Sunday, April 10 - Bus Tour of Central Maryland Civil War sites.

Costs: $175 registration before April 1 OR $195 after April 1. $50 for Friday tour and $85 for Sunday tour. $114/night registration at hotel (you must make your own room arrangements).

Contact Surratt House at 301-868-1121 or me at laurie.verge@pgparks.com if you wish to receive the conference packet. It will soon be posted on our website also at http://www.surrattmuseum.org.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: 2016 Surratt Conference
I hope that I can finally make it to the conference this year!
11-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Sounds terrific, Laurie!
11-16-2015, 01:40 PM
(11-15-2015 12:17 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Conference brochures have been in the mail to Surratt Society members now for about ten days, and we already have about 25 people registered. Since they have now had advanced notice, I'm ready to fill in the blanks for others thinking of joining the gang.

WHEN: Weekend of April 8-10, 2016
WHERE: Surratt House Museum and Colony South Hotel and Conference Center - both in Clinton, Maryland
WHAT: Friday, April 8 - Bus Tour of Charles County, Maryland, The Land Between the Lines (8:30 am to 5:30 pm) Reception at the museum's James O. Hall Research Center that evening.

Saturday, April 9 - Sessions open at Colony South with breakfast and welcome and a keynote address by our Scarlett O'Hara on this forum - Paige Palmer (age 17). The day will be devoted to presentations by Heath Atkinson on following Mr. Lincoln's body from Petersen's to the White House; Kathy Canavan on the scenes at Petersen's during the death watch; John Elliott on scenes from the courtroom; Kate Ramirez on the wrongful execution of Mary Surratt; and John Fazio on The Great Kidnapping Myth. (Note that you know them all through their participation on this wonderful forum.)

There will be an Authors' Hour following the sessions and a banquet that evening with entertainment by the Shenandoah Travellers.

Sunday, April 10 - Bus Tour of Central Maryland Civil War sites.

Costs: $175 registration before April 1 OR $195 after April 1. $50 for Friday tour and $85 for Sunday tour. $114/night registration at hotel (you must make your own room arrangements).

Contact Surratt House at 301-868-1121 or me at laurie.verge@pgparks.com if you wish to receive the conference packet. It will soon be posted on our website also at http://www.surrattmuseum.org.

With a special appearance by Yours Truly. I hope to take lots of pics!

Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber.