Lincoln Curtain?
10-30-2015, 03:10 PM
Lincoln Curtain?
I subscribe to Bloomberg Business Week. In an article it mentions a building in Dallas Tx that has been renovated. "Step inside the building and you might think you are in a museum, with Rodin and Maillol sculptures in the hallways... and a piece of curtain on display that Abraham Lincoln is believed to have grabbed after being shot"
Has anyone read that Lincoln grabbed a curtain?
Where would this curtain have been located in the box?[/b]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Lincoln Curtain?
Interesting, have never heard of this "artifact." Lincoln could have grabbed the lace curtains that surrounded the box or the heavier drapes that were farther to each side. The prevailing story, however, is that the only sign that something was wrong was his chin sinking to his chest.
10-30-2015, 07:57 PM
Since the mythos was embellished with Jesus like analogies, maybe this was the curtain in the Holy of Holies and the Ark of the Covenant which was rent when Abraham was shot? And all those eye-witnesses over the years who later came forward as seeing Lincoln being shot. In fact, no one including Lincoln saw him being assassinated, except Booth. Lincoln was in a rocking chair and enjoying a humorous high point of the play, and a second later merely slumped over after the shot. Not grasping onto anything.
10-31-2015, 05:37 AM
I did an internet search and came across this on the website here.

Personally I had not heard of it previously. The 1864 date is strange.
10-31-2015, 07:29 AM
"...is believed to..." is something that can safely be claimed of everything - and men's belief is men's kingdom of heaven, as a (German) proverb says.
Didn't Abraham Lincoln hold hands with Mary?
10-31-2015, 09:08 AM
(10-31-2015 07:29 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Didn't Abraham Lincoln hold hands with Mary?

Dr. Anson G. Henry comforted Mary in the White House during the days after the assassination. On April 19, 1865, Dr. Henry wrote his wife:

"She set close to him and was leaning on his lap looking up in his face when the fatal shot was fired, his last words being in answer to her question "What will Miss Harris think of my hanging on to you so" — "She won't think anything about it" — and said accompanied with one of his kind and affectionate smiles."
10-31-2015, 09:38 AM
I don't Lincoln did anything after being shot- except slump forward a bit.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2015, 10:27 PM
(10-31-2015 09:38 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  I don't Lincoln did anything after being shot- except slump forward a bit.

I agree Bill.
11-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Alternate accounts of Lincoln grabbing the curtain or a flag. It seems there are always relics touched by Lincoln. The Md Historical Society has a piece of wall paper from the box that Lincoln's head rested against. Well...........................