Maddie on Local Radio Station
10-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Maddie on Local Radio Station
Forum member, Maddie was recorded on her local radio station today discussing her book, The Open Door as well as the Lincoln Assassination. Maddie is a wonderful speaker - with a charming voice. She handles herself wonderfully as a speaker/historian -

http://www.podcasts.canstream.co.uk/manc...0Bookshelf

Click on the 2nd link to listen to streaming -

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 04:12 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: Maddie on Local Radio Station
Congrats, Maddie - that's near. Betty, I'm afraid I don't know how to get the link to play anything?! (Would like to listen to.)
10-04-2015, 05:41 AM
Congratulations, Maddie. I am the same as Eva described - could not hear the discussion.
10-04-2015, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 06:38 AM by MaddieM.)
(10-04-2015 05:41 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Congratulations, Maddie. I am the same as Eva described - could not hear the discussion.

Not sure why you cant' hear it. You just click on the arrow link for 3rd October and it should play. It's working for me and worked for Betty. But anyhow, a big thank you to all of you here, as I learned so much from people like yourselves. Big Grin

(10-04-2015 04:11 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Congrats, Maddie - that's near. Betty, I'm afraid I don't know how to get the link to play anything?! (Would like to listen to.)

Could be your search engine. If you're on Google Chrome, try Firefox. Or you could have ad blocks in place.

‘I’ve danced at Abraham Lincoln’s birthday bash... I’ve peaked.’
Leigh Boswell - The Open Doorway.
http://earthkandi.blogspot.co.uk/
10-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Hi--

The links worked fine for me. I run a MacBook Air on Yosemite 10.10.5 and my browser is Firefox v41.0.1.

Good interview and fun to hear a Manchester radio station.

--Jim

Please visit my blog: http://jimsworldandwelcometoit.com/
10-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Kudos Maddie!

Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber.
10-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Luckily, I was able to listen to it and it was most interesting how Maddie brought out things she had to consider in writing about this time period - clothing, etiquette, etc. - in addition to the story content and development of characters. Great interview and kind compliments to historians like those we work with every day on forums like this.