Nice playbill reproduction
07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Nice playbill reproduction
6 bucks on E-Bay. Looks rather nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CIVIL-WAR-FORDS-..._500wt_933

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 08:05 PM
RE: Nice playbill reproduction
That is a nice repro. I also liked the broadside advertising for horses for the Union army. In Southern Maryland, the Feds just went around confiscating horses...
07-08-2012, 03:22 PM
(07-07-2012 08:05 PM)L Verge Wrote:  That is a nice repro. I also liked the broadside advertising for horses for the Union army. In Southern Maryland, the Feds just went around confiscating horses...

I believe one of those reproduction playbills came with Alan Axelrod's book Lincoln's Last Night The whole contents of Lincoln's wallet came with the book including the newspaper articles that he had on him.

Craig
07-08-2012, 03:38 PM
I have that book, Craig and the playbill is nothing like this one. Very small and on that phony parchment that you usually see. It's worthless.

I checked an original playbill I have from Ford's from a play on Jan. 7th., 1865 and it measures 19"L X 5 1/2 W. This repro, although larger than an original, looks much better than what came with the book.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"