As if I need more books....
08-22-2012, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2012 08:07 PM by Rob Wick.)
As if I need more books....
I've ordered two books today which are due out in September. The first has been mentioned here before. It is the new biography of William Seward. I also ordered a new book called Lincoln's Code which is a history of the Lieber Code and is written by John Fabian Witt. Here is a paper on the code written by Witt.

Best
Rob

Note: Evidently, the link wasn't working. Should be now. RW

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: As if I need more books....
Does your wife know? Smile

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Not yet, Bill. I figure what she doesn't know won't hurt me. Big Grin

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
08-22-2012, 10:26 PM
My wife has an understanding husband. Whenever she wants a new pair of earings or something not to expensive but frivolous, I get another book. We both win! Have to go now, its "Steel by design Jewelry" time on QVC

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?