Another Lincoln Movie
08-14-2012, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 05:10 AM by RJNorton.)
Another Lincoln Movie
Forum member Kieran McAuliffe is traveling and unable to logon. This morning he sent me this link for posting. It is about another Lincoln movie to be released this fall titled Saving Lincoln. Looks like it concentrates on Lincoln and Ward Hill Lamon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2012, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 05:35 AM by RJNorton.)
RE: Another Lincoln Movie
[quote='RJNorton' pid='2533' dateline='1344941789']
Forum member Kieran McAuliffe is traveling and unable to logon. This morning he sent me this link for posting. It is about another Lincoln movie to be released this fall titled Saving Lincoln. Looks like it concentrates on Lincoln and Ward Hill Lamon.

Looks pretty good, Roger! Thanks! It appears Mr. Lincoln and friends are a HOT Commodity at present!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
08-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Wow-can you believe it? This is great! Interesting that it will be called Saving Lincoln. Wasn't Saving Private Ryan a Spielberg movie? I don't know if the choice of the title meant anything concerning to two: was it a gentle nod to Spielberg or a rip-off?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2012, 08:58 AM
My guess is that the title is a take-off on O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln.
08-14-2012, 09:08 AM
You know- you're probably right!

Bill Nash
08-14-2012, 01:37 PM
New Movie in the Fall: "Saving Lincoln"
Besides Spielberg's "Lincoln," there will be another movie out in the Fall named "Saving Lincoln." The story of Abraham Lincoln as told by his friend and bodyguard, US Marshal Ward Hill Lamon. This unique feature film was shot entirely on a single stage and composited into vintage photographs of the Civil War era.
See website: http://www.savinglincoln.com/index.html
See facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SavingLincoln

Karen S. Campbell
Southwest Ohio Research
Let the Journeys Begin Blog
What's New About Lincoln
08-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Looks like another good movie. Never heard of the actor who plays Lincoln.Has anyone else?

Craig
08-22-2012, 01:18 PM
I have concerns about another movie & its accuracy. Using Ward Hill Lamon's recollections, the movie may need to be taken with a grain of salt.
08-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Is the movie based on Lamon's book or another author's view of their relationship, I wonder?

Bill Nash
08-23-2012, 05:51 AM
The screenwriter for Saving Lincoln, Nina Davidovich Litvak, is the newest member of our Lincoln forum. Welcome, Nina!
08-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Welcome indeed, Nina! The movie sounds facinating - love the Ward Hill Lamon angle.....

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
08-23-2012, 11:21 AM
A hearty welcome from me, also, Nina. I too am intrigued with the Ward Hill Lamon angle. He's part of the Lincoln story that I have always wanted to know more about - but have been too lazy to do the reading and research. I love it when others do it and I can benefit!
08-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Why did Robert Lincoln eventually develope such an intense dislike for Ward Hill Lamon after the latter wrote a biography about his father?
08-23-2012, 12:48 PM
I would say one reason is that Lamon used much of Herndon's material, which spread stories that RTL found very disagreeable. I also think that he didn't care for people using Lincoln's name to further their own ambitions.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
08-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Could it also possibly that RTL had a deep resentment that Lamon was in Richmond when the assassination took place (even though Lincoln had sent him there)? Lamon had taken on the role (or was it official?) of protector of the president-even sleeping outside his bedroom-how could he leave Lincoln during that critical time?

Bill Nash