Another Lost Piece of History
11-15-2014, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 01:30 PM by L Verge.)
Another Lost Piece of History
Not sure how current this video is, but it deserves to be seen and the plane saved. Being practically raised on Andrews AFB, I think I have seen nearly every other AF1 except this one. The current "royal carriage" just flew over my house about 10 pm last night. For some reason it was particularly loud and low. Maybe the cold night air had something to do with the sound. I'm so used to it, it generally doesn't bother me (I only complain about the occupants over the years!).

Begin forwarded message:

Think you will find this very interesting. Hope the plane can be saved!!

THE FIRST AIR FORCE ONE

Very interesting piece of American history ... https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ehwvZXVKmPU

--
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2014, 04:17 PM
RE: Another Lost Piece of History
That plane should definitely be saved. There are a lot of airplanes in the Smithsonian that don't have nearly the history. Unfortunately to get anything done at the Smithsonian takes forever. Corporate America should step in, preferably a company that earns a preponderance of their income from government contracting.
11-15-2014, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 04:48 PM by HerbS.)
RE: Another Lost Piece of History
Thank you Laurie! I have a Kiwanis friend who is-102yrs young-female piot in ww2+pentagon.I will ask her if she knew about the Columbine.

Laurie-She does remember that plane!She was a pilot, but a female that was too short to be promoted[glass ceiling].Herb-Jim- maybe some poitician like[Chenney]can do it.