New Book to be published on the Petersen House
11-08-2014, 01:38 PM
New Book to be published on the Petersen House
I have been given the great honor to announce that good friend and Symposium poster Kathy Canavan has signed a contract with University of Kentucky Press for the publication of (working title) Nightmare: The Last Hours of the Lincoln Assassination. For the past several years, Kathy has done extensive research on the occupants and events at the Petersen house and their neighbors. Rich in details, this book will bring to life the other side of the street much in the same manner that Tome Bogar has done with the east side of 10th Street. This book will enrich our knowledge of the assassination and how it effected the residents.

University of Kentucky Press was also the publisher for Ed Steer's Blood on the Moon. I think we are all looking forward to it's fall 2015 publication date. Three cheers for Kathy! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: New Book to be published on the Petersen House
Just her research on the Petersens alone is amazing. Congratulations, Kathy.
11-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Thanks Jim and Laurie, I'm walking on air here in Delaware to think that UPK will publish the manuscript. Of course, it wouldn't have been possible without your help and a gigantic assist from Ed Steers, who is one of the most generous people I've ever met. A writer's writer.
11-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Congrats from my side, too, Kathy!!!
11-08-2014, 02:46 PM
For those who don't know Kathy, she has been a reporter (and a crime reporter to boot!) for most of her career. This gives her a great edge on how to research the greatest crime of the 19th century. I have been very fortunate to have had hours and hours of conversations with Kathy and can say that she has put together something that will be a truly great book that will be a must have for all of us out there in the Lincoln Assassination community.
11-08-2014, 03:09 PM
This is wonderful news - congratulations, Kathy!!
11-08-2014, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 03:16 PM by Lincoln Wonk.)
Thanks, Jim. Hi Eva. Actually, the book wouldn't make it to the printer without Betty O. who has been teaching me navigate the world of archive photos, even resizing photos for me. Betty is such an archives expert, but, of course, you all knew that.

Thanks, Roger. I'm excited.
11-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Congratulations Kathy!
11-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks, Rick.
11-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Looking forward to this!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Quote:Actually, the book wouldn't make it to the printer without Betty O. who has been teaching me navigate the world of archive photos, even resizing photos for me. Betty is such an archives expert, but, of course, you all knew that.
Thanks, Roger. I'm excited.

Thanks, Kathy! You flatter me way too much! Congratulations - can't wait for this one!!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
11-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Great job Kathy! I know how hard it is to published,so that is why I will settle to be a contributing author.If I had extra$$$$-I would be on a cruise!
11-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Congrats Kathy! That is wonderful.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
11-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Very exciting news Kathy. Just wanted to add my congratulations. I love to look forward to good Lincoln-related reads. Thanks for this.
11-11-2014, 07:23 PM
I am beyond excited for you Kathy...CONGRATS!!Big Grin