In Love With A. Lincoln
10-09-2014, 11:11 AM
In Love With A. Lincoln
http://kalman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/...a-lincoln/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: In Love With A. Lincoln
What a beautifully done site!!! Love the illustrations!! This one is actually dedicated to the forum (too), isn't it?

10-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Pretty cool. Enjoyed it a lot!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 09:00 PM
I am not crosseyed

Fido

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
10-11-2014, 04:44 AM
Charming. Heart

I read an interview with actor Daniel-Day Lewis that he gave just after completing filming his Academy Award winning role of AL.

DDL says that Lincoln continues to draw people because he has an "extremely powerful aura," and that it was the only time in his career that he had fallen in love with a character he played.
03-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Lincoln is still greatly loved-and still greatly hated. I still get "hateful" comments about him at my AbesBlogCabin.org website- most of it unfit to publish.

Bill Nash
03-27-2015, 11:15 PM
Bill, I am sorry to hear that but please don't let it get you down. I love your site, I have it on my desktop Favorites list because it's just awesome!
03-28-2015, 09:43 AM
(03-27-2015 11:15 PM)LincolnToddFan Wrote:  Bill, I am sorry to hear that but please don't let it get you down. I love your site, I have it on my desktop Favorites list because it's just awesome!

Thank you so much for the encouragement. Frankly, sometimes the hatred that seems to be out there is scary.

Bill Nash
03-28-2015, 11:50 AM
I have recently met more people that say,"I love to study Lincoln".When you mention Lincoln, they seem to listen with both ears.
03-28-2015, 03:24 PM
(03-27-2015 11:56 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Lincoln is still greatly loved-and still greatly hated. I still get "hateful" comments about him at my AbesBlogCabin.org website- most of it unfit to publish.

I am so sorry that you have to deal with comments like this!
I have noticed that more often than not, the people who say those hateful things lack some serious background information about the particular events they talk about.
This is why I think places like this discussion site are so very important for education
*raises glass to Roger*

In case of emergency, Lincoln and children first.
03-28-2015, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2015 05:03 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
Angela, I, too, believe in dialogue and information!

Bill, I 100% second Toia and Angela, and as for your last sentence, have come to feel the same at times.
03-29-2015, 11:09 AM
(03-28-2015 03:24 PM)Angela Wrote:  
(03-27-2015 11:56 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Lincoln is still greatly loved-and still greatly hated. I still get "hateful" comments about him at my AbesBlogCabin.org website- most of it unfit to publish.

I am so sorry that you have to deal with comments like this!
I have noticed that more often than not, the people who say those hateful things lack some serious background information about the particular events they talk about.
This is why I think places like this discussion site are so very important for education
*raises glass to Roger*

Angela:
Yes, I agree. The haters tend to be not well-read and informed. This can make them especially vulnerable to what I call "hardening of the categories!"

Bill Nash
03-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Hello Bill, It is so sad that in this day and age that some people can still hold such anger toward Lincoln. So very sad. On a good note I looked at your web site for the first time. I enjoyed it very much and will continue to rad it when I am able. Sorry it took so long to check it out but I am sorry to say I did not know it existed. Good job. Best, Gary
03-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Gary: thank you for checking out my blog-humble as it is. I agree with your remarks totally.

Bill Nash