150th Anniversary
07-01-2014, 10:20 AM
150th Anniversary
Hi:

I'd like to attend the 150th Lincoln Assassination conference. Does anyone have any details?

Thanks

Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 11:06 AM
RE: 150th Anniversary
Please contact Surratt House Museum

http://www.surrattmuseum.org/

9118 Brandywine Road
Clinton, MD 20735

(301) 868-1121

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
07-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi, Mike,

Our newly renovated website has not yet posted all the details on the conference since the keeper of the site decided to give birth last week! I have been lax in announcing the speaker line-up on this forum, so I shall rectify it here. The theme of the conference is "...He Belongs To The Ages," and we will focus on the actual assassination and events that immediately followed it with closing sessions on the legacy that Mr. Lincoln left behind. Confirmed speakers:

Dr. Terry Alford - speaking on his soon-to-be-released Booth biography, Fortune's Fool.
Dr. James Marten - speaking on his new book, America's Corporal, about Corporal James Tanner (the stenographer for immediate statements, etc.)
Scott Trostel - author of the book on the Lincoln Funeral Train and a leading authority on the train and its sad voyage home to Springfield.
Kim Bauer - speaking on the sad plight of Mary Lincoln
Frank Williams - Collecting: Lincoln's Legacies to Future Generations
Harold Holzer - Keeping Lincoln's Legacy Alive
Richard Sloan - dinner speaker on Lincoln Lives in Hollywood

The conference runs March 20-22 at the Colony South Hotel and Conference Center, just five minutes from Surratt House Museum. There are special bus tours on Friday and Sunday that are priced separately from the conference. We hope to hold the conference price at $175/person.

All members of the Surratt Society will receive a full packet of information on the conference in early-November. Non-members are welcome and may contact Surratt House to ask to have a packet sent to them. I can be reached directly at laurie.verge@pgparks.com.
07-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Great lineup Laurie!

Sure hope I can come this year!

(one little comment...I still think it's Angel)

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
07-01-2014, 04:54 PM
I tend to agree with you, Gene. Maybe we should commandeer the Decoy Lounge on Saturday night and drink and debate Ages vs. Angels.