On the Set of Killing Lincoln
07-31-2012, 02:57 PM
On the Set of Killing Lincoln
Received an invite this morning to visit the Killing Lincoln set...

I'm VERY impressed with all the attention to detail and accuracy that I see!!

They took an 1890s theater and virtually created Fords all over again! The sets are fantastic as are the costumes! I met Mr Booth - VERY congenial
gent! I also met Col Rathbone....

Believe you me, this is going to be a WONDERFUL production thanks to Eric and crew!!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2012, 03:08 PM
RE: On the Set of Killing Lincoln
That sounds fantastic, Betty! Thanks for keeping us informed.
07-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Be careful Betty, don't be taken in by Booth's devilsh charm. Can you use a guard dog?

Regards - Fido

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
07-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Please, ask Mr. Rathbone if he is wearing his uniform to the theater or will be dressed in civilian clothes. That will put that mystery to rest!
07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Really encouraging news! No report on Lincoln?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-31-2012, 04:04 PM
I guess this means the earlier intelligence that Spielberg would cover the assassination by only showing Tad's reaction to it at Grover's was wrong.
Tom
07-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Tom - This is the National Geographic Channel's production on the assassination. I believe that Spielberg's Lincoln will leave you guessing about the assassination - darn it!

Betty - I am so glad that things look like they are being done professionally and accurately.

I had good vibes about this from the first time that I spoke with the screenwriter and producer, Erik Jendresen. I was especially impressed with the depth of the questions he asked while doing research. Then when Betty and I got a chance to peruse the script, I was even more impressed.
I sure hope that nothing goes wrong to screw this production up.
07-31-2012, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 04:51 PM by BettyO.)
(07-31-2012 03:57 PM)Rsmyth Wrote:  Please, ask Mr. Rathbone if he is wearing his uniform to the theater or will be dressed in civilian clothes. That will put that mystery to rest!

Rich-

Col Rathbone is in uniform -

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
07-31-2012, 05:00 PM
I knew it!
07-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Is this a theatre or television production?

Craig
07-31-2012, 06:01 PM
(07-31-2012 05:36 PM)Craig Hipkins Wrote:  Is this a theatre or television production?

Craig

TV docudrama

08-01-2012, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 08:09 PM by BettyO.)
Day II of "Killing Lincoln" --

Was on set for a couple hours this evening -- things continue to roll along smoothly - and I continue to be very impressed, both with the sets, crew AND actors!

Last night was the assassination scene. The sets are astounding - and I must say that this has to be the very best assassination film I've yet seen. I can definitely see this production winning awards! From the most minute details of social etiquette and dress to the sets themselves, the acting, 19th Century verbiage and speech and even to the correct color of Booth's "dainty bay mare" and Herold's roan mount, Charley! Saddles and tack are utterly fantastic 19th Century correct. A phenomenally perfect Ford's Theatre set and the interior of the Peterson House really has a "you are there" feel - right down to what appears to be correct wall paper and pictures!

Gang this is high quality stuff! They have Thursday and Friday to shoot before wrapping. I have seen the movie stills and they are jaw dropping! Mr. Booth is one of the best - if not THE best JWB I've ever seen and perfectly charming to boot. Col. Rathbone is a delight! Had a long talk with him this evening....he is so very, very interested in the history! Currently he is reading Henry and Clara and eagerly reads anything he can get his hands on regarding his character. He is very friendly and congenial and looks grand. Wait until you see him in the assassination scene! He is heart stopping!!

Sorry there are no photos - and YES I have lots...but I am respecting the wishes of the producer and director who do not want them posted.

Soooo -- I will fill you all in again on Friday with the "Days Doings"....

08-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Betty-you're reports are thrilling!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I am so jealous of Betty right now!!!