A Sobbing of the Strong update
11-27-2013, 05:04 PM
A Sobbing of the Strong update
    Sharing good news sent to Laurie by forum member David George on his assassination film project....

Thanks to Roger for allowing me to post this update here

Hello all

Warming up here in San Antonio from the storm that is headed east your way. Just wanted to let you know that we had a great shoot in New York City two weeks ago where we did the storyteller portion of a Sobbing of the Strong. It was a great experience to work with such a good looking and talented group of young actors from all over the country but ironically, mostly southerners. One of our cast is from Massachusetts and one has family in PG county but other than that we are from Texas, Virginia, South Carolina, Kentucky, and Tennessee. We really had a great time and although we may have tripped over a fact or two historically, we did the best we could to balance the history and still give great performances. While I do so respect the history very much, as director, I had to really find a fair balance between the history and the art which was VERY challenging. Still I'm hopeful that we as a cast are true to the great narrative.

I have attached a pic of my cast for you all to see. They are just a great looking group. Now comes months of editing and voiceover and music cleanup to do. Hope to wrap this up by 4-14-14 a year ahead of the 150th.

We are on the web at http://www.asobbingfilm.com

I could never have even thought about doing this without all the wonderful help I received from the Surratt Society. I can never thank Laurie and her staff enough

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Boothies.

David
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: A Sobbing of the Strong update
David, we wish you the very best of luck in all your endeavors! Thank you for sharing your efforts with us. Your website is marvelous - truly one of a kind!
Find all posts by this user
06-07-2014, 10:03 AM
RE: A Sobbing of the Strong update
David has now completed a trailer for A The Sobbing of the Strong. His goal is to complete the film sometime this fall. Although not a strict history piece A Sobbing of the Strong is a multimedia portal back to those momentous days in the spring and early summer of 1865. It's really meant to be an entertainment piece strong on the facts.

David is considering a follow up piece on the Johnson administration and the assassination aftermath 1865-1869----John Surratt trial, Johnson impeachment, ex Parte Milligan, early reconstruction, and Presidential campaign of 1868, etc.

I found the trailer to be very moving. The combination of narration, music, and photos is truly remarkable. Kudos, David!!

To view the trailer please CLICK HERE.

Then type the following password: alincoln

An alternate link is here.
Find all posts by this user