Exciting "Manhunt" news
10-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Exciting "Manhunt" news
I was watching a talk that James Swanson gave about his excellent book, "Manhunt" yesterday that was a few years old, and in it he mentioned that HBO had optioned the book to make a mini-series. Judging by the past series they have done ("From the Earth to the Moon" and "John Adams" were especially excellent if you haven't seen them) this would be a fantastic production.

Anyway, I asked James on twitter about this and he replied to me last night with exciting news:

Hopefully, he'll be able to say more soon.

Heath
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2013, 08:23 AM
RE: Exciting "Manhunt" news
(10-22-2013 07:50 AM)Rhatkinson Wrote:  I was watching a talk that James Swanson gave about his excellent book, "Manhunt" yesterday that was a few years old, and in it he mentioned that HBO had optioned the book to make a mini-series. Judging by the past series they have done ("From the Earth to the Moon" and "John Adams" were especially excellent if you haven't seen them) this would be a fantastic production.

Anyway, I asked James on twitter about this and he replied to me last night with exciting news:

Hopefully, he'll be able to say more soon.

Heath

If they are going to do it, 2015 would be the year to release it.
Find all posts by this user
10-22-2013, 08:40 AM
That is very exciting. I can't wait.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
10-24-2013, 04:07 PM
An HBO production of "Manhunt" will blow everything in the past out of the water.

CAN NOT WAIT!

Harrison Ford was cast as Everton Conger in the last attempt to produce a movie from this book.

((( | '€ :} |###] -- }: {/ ]
10-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Not that he has been selected but I wonder, is Johnny Depp capable of playing Booth?

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
10-24-2013, 04:12 PM
(10-24-2013 04:09 PM)Gene C Wrote:  Not that he has been selected but I wonder, is Johnny Depp capable of playing Booth?

I wish---too old.

((( | '€ :} |###] -- }: {/ ]
10-24-2013, 04:38 PM
My vote would be for Joseph Gordon Levitt for Booth and Michael Shannon as Powell.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
10-24-2013, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 08:05 PM by BettyO.)
Michael Shannon?!?! Oh No! Not another 40 year old to play a 20 year old kid!

Nope - for Powell I think Jared Padalecki - right age, right look....

[Image: u903.jpg]

Darken the hair a bit and give him blue contacts.

For JWB - Jesse Johnson again -

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
10-24-2013, 09:23 PM
I have never heard of Jared Padelicki, but I do like Johnson again. Of course I will concede to your choice of Powell Betty. You obviously know your boy best.

10-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Shannon is good as that wacko Van Alden on Boardwalk Empire, but I honestly don't see him as Powell
10-25-2013, 08:53 AM
A couple of years ago, Barry Cauchon and I had fun with who could play Powell....I devised this mockup of Padalecki.

I think he'd make a pretty good one -

[Image: k6oq.jpg]

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
10-25-2013, 10:03 AM
That's Great Betty!

10-25-2013, 10:32 AM
He'd be very convincing. He has the same strong jaw.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
10-25-2013, 10:53 AM
(10-24-2013 07:52 PM)BettyO Wrote:  Michael Shannon?!?! Oh No! Not another 40 year old to play a 20 year old kid!

Nope - for Powell I think Jared Padalecki - right age, right look....

[Image: u903.jpg]

Darken the hair a bit and give him blue contacts.

For JWB - Jesse Johnson again -

Betty: that guy is perfect for Lew!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2013, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 12:01 PM by Gene C.)
I'm supporting Dave Taylor for JWB. He's familiar with Ford's Theater and the path Booth took to Garrett's. He's made lot's of contacts with the confederate underground. We've seen him on video, he can't be any worse an actor than Booth. I can go on and on, he's the obvious choice. All he needs to do is grow a mustache and imitate that sinister air of the classic Vincent Price movies, a touch of the flamboyant, smooth, devious, twisted mind... for instance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZDuKGlO-Og

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?