Weird Assassination Story !
07-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Weird Assassination Story !
This just goes to prove that ANYTHING can and will be posted on the internet -- which is why I advise students to be extremely cautious of what is posted....

Did you all know that John Wilkes Booth was hanged?!? This was certainly news to me! Big Grin

Please check out the following URL for a good laugh.... scroll down to "Building 21"

URL: http://unearthlyrealms.com/reports/haunting-reports/529-washington-dc-fort-mcnair

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2012, 07:02 AM
RE: Weird Assassination Story !
Wow...they still hanged him after he was already dead. Did Stanton order this?
07-26-2012, 07:13 AM
(07-26-2012 07:02 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Wow...they still hanged him after he was already dead. Did Stanton order this?

Who knows, Roger! Wonder why they wanted to hang a dead body? Target practice maybe?! HA! Makes no sense..... wonder where they got this information?

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
07-26-2012, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2012 07:26 AM by RJNorton.)
Betty, I am guessing this was Dr. Francis Tumblety's idea...perhaps an early, crude form of artificial respiration in an effort to "bring JWB back to life" for trial.

Maybe Dr. Houmes will chime in on what happens when a dead person is hanged...

[Image: Tumblety-photo.jpg]
Dr. Francis Tumblety
07-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Betty: Is it my computer? I've tried multiple times to open the link you provided without success.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-2012, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2012 08:47 AM by RJNorton.)
Bill, that happened to me, too. Try this: copy and paste the URL she posted into your browser's address bar. It worked for me when I did that.
07-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Will do-thanks Roger.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Now the "fly on the wall" is a ghost.
Building 51... Area 51, hmmmmm....I wonder???

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
07-26-2012, 09:30 AM
That's almost as good as the YouTube video that Betty sent me. It's an interview with a man who claims that he was the subject of a gov't time travel project and was transported back to be present at the assassination of Lincoln.
07-26-2012, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2012 09:37 AM by RJNorton.)
Although written back in 2009 the article still has 0 votes out of 5. I wonder why.
07-26-2012, 06:46 PM
(07-26-2012 09:30 AM)Laurie Verge Wrote:  That's almost as good as the YouTube video that Betty sent me. It's an interview with a man who claims that he was the subject of a gov't time travel project and was transported back to be present at the assassination of Lincoln.

Laurie, I saw something like that, but I forget where I saw it. I believe the fellow even claimed he was caught in an old photograph from the time period.

Craig
07-26-2012, 07:04 PM
It came to me on my work computer, so I probably erased it; but if I can resurrect it, I will post the link. Have y'all seen the video of a comedian dressed as Booth delivering a monologue on receiving a Dear John letter from Lucy? Funny, but too long and very melodramatic.
07-26-2012, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2012 09:23 PM by Gene C.)
Craig, Laurie this may be what you are refering to. Steven Miller first posted this on the Lincoln Assassination Discusion on April 29, 2012

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/28...38216.html

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
07-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Gene,
That is it! Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Craig
07-27-2012, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2012 07:04 AM by Thomas Thorne.)
There is a famous historical example of "execution" after death. Oliver Cromwell died of cancer in 1658. In 1660 after the restoration of Charles II, Cromwell,who was the the principal regicide in the beheading of Charles I, was dug up and beheaded.
In "Hogan's Heroes" the German characters were always being threatened with being "court martialed,shot and sent to the Russian front."
Tom