JSTOR offering JPASS
09-24-2013, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2013 07:36 PM by Rob Wick.)
JSTOR offering JPASS
Received an e-mail today from the fine folks at JSTOR telling me of a new service they are offering, which is well worth the investment. For $19.95 a month or $199 per year, you can have complete access to a number of historical journals including the American Historical Review, Journal of American History (and its predecessor, the Mississippi Valley Historical Review), Illinois Historical Journal as well as the Journal of the Illinois State Historical Society and, even though the articles are accessible elsewhere, you also have access to the Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association, among others.

The only downside is that while you can read every article the journal has published, you are limited to downloading 10 per month or 120 per year. As for me, I plan to sign up for the service monthly since I already have about 2,500 journal articles already downloaded from various research trips to libraries. It is still possible to buy individual articles, but for $20 per month you can't beat it, especially if you don't have access to a university library that subscribes to JSTOR.

Here's a link to the JPASS page.

Best
Rob

http://jpass.jstor.org/#j_what_is_jpass_-what_is_jpass

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply