Lincoln Discussion Symposium 1 Year Old
06-25-2013, 07:12 AM
Lincoln Discussion Symposium 1 Year Old
Congratulations to Roger and all the members of this outstanding forum. It started a little more that a year ago already!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2013, 07:41 AM
RE: Lincoln Discussion Symposium 1 Year Old
Thanks, Bill. I sure appreciate all the folks who have participated, and I thank everyone for joining the group. Over the past few years I have developed a chronic back condition and can no longer play golf (which I loved and miss a lot). This has created an "excess time problem" (as my wife well knows), and the forum has really helped in that regard.

P.S. I am currently considering Vax-D which is expensive and not covered by insurance. If anyone on the forum has undergone Vax-D treatments, would you please write me privately, and let me know what you think. Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
06-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Congratulations and thanks a lot!
06-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks Roger. This forum has been a lot of fun and very educational.
06-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Freedom of Speech-Lives Here!
06-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Roger,

Just think how many new people have discovered Lincoln through your efforts! Congratulations! I am fortunate to have you in my life.

Joe
06-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Roger, Thank you again for allowing me to be apart of your group. This group is filled with very gracious and knowledgeable people that I would not have had the pleasure of talking to if not for you and your forum. So thank you Roger. I hope our group continues to grow!
PS Roger, I hope your new medication gives you some relief soon for your back. Good Luck my friend! Best Gary
06-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Congratulations Roger. It's been an interesting ride for me to say the least.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
06-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Thank you, Roger, for this very interesting and informative website. It gives a great introduction and much more to anyone who has an interest in Abraham Lincoln.
06-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Thanks Roger, I've learned so much from this forum and the people on it in the past year, and had a lot of fun at the same time.

This may be one of the rare times where we all agree with each others posts!

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
06-25-2013, 11:25 AM
I doubt that any of us really understand and appreciate the amount of time that Roger Norton has spent in the past year creating and monitoring one of the best Lincoln-related sites/forums on the internet. And, we need to give him credit for about 17 years of creating his other wonderful site that has assisted so many - especially young people.

It is such a pleasure to participate in this educational experience and to online chat with some wonderful Lincoln authorities - many of whom do not get the credit in the field that they deserve. There is a brain trust here that is not always fully appreciated by others at the top of the food chain. And, the best part is that 99% of the time, posters here are respectful of other people's opinions and are also aware of the message that they are sending into cyberspace -- no rude smackdowns, no objectionable language, use documented sources, etc.

We have Roger Norton to thank for such a professional, educational, and friendly environment in which to share our interests.
06-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Roger, thank you for taking the time, and for having the energy, to maintain this forum and giving all of us a place to discuss, share, and learn from one another. I have enjoyed all of the topics and have met some fantastic new friends. Thank you!
06-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Congrats, Roger. The long hours you've put in to make this site the huge success it is show what a devoted friend you are to us all. Thank you, politest man on the internet.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
06-25-2013, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 01:14 PM by BettyO.)
Congratulations, Roger! Happy One Year Anniversary!!! Heart

What you have achieved is wonderful - a grand meeting place for us all to explore the past.....

Thank you ever so very much for creating and monitoring this wonderful, educational site!

[Image: j1vl.jpg]

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
06-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Happy One Year Anniversary Smile Congratulations, Roger. You have created a wonderful environment where historical discussions and good memories can flourish.