Robert E Lee The Great Emancipator
06-10-2013, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2013 04:43 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: Robert E Lee The Great Emancipator
Liz, IMO comparing evils is more dangerous than useful or enlightening. Evil is evil, but each has unique roots, developements, agony and consequenses. IMO nothing was/is worse than the Holocaust, thus what sense does it make always to compare other evil acts of mankind with it? It could easily lead to a sort of "belittlement" of the latter. If not, what does it help? It is important not to forget, but moreover to look forward, to make people sensitive and aware of doing whatever possible in their life and scope that such will never happen again. And this goes for each single kind of evil, whether you compare them with each other or not.
(I'm sure the Southeners are as tired of carrying slavery as their original sin as I'm of being stigmatised with the Holocaust.)

To get clear: I'm not denying facts or seriousness of the issues, far from it! Nobody can. But I think repeating and comparing over and over makes more sense if it serves as a basis for consideration of present and future situation, actions and ways.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robert E Lee The Great Emancipator - Hess1865 - 06-09-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: Robert E Lee The Great Emancipator - Eva Elisabeth - 06-10-2013 08:02 PM
RE: Robert E Lee The Great Emancipator - Hess1865 - 06-11-2013, 04:16 PM