** NEW DISCOVERY REGARDING BOOTH AUTOPSY PHOTO
07-14-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: ** NEW DISCOVERY REGARDING BOOTH AUTOPSY PHOTO
(07-13-2013 10:17 AM)L Verge Wrote:  Laurie, I think(?) collector Keya Morgan acquired a large part of Ostendorf's Lincoln-related holdings.

Years ago, I tried to contact Mr. Morgan, but never got a response. Of course, I have subsequently lost the contact information. If anyone has it, I'll be happy to contact him again, specifically inquiring about the Wardell letter.

The Alexandria, Virginia, Public Library System is a member of the Surratt Society, so I am going to contact them to see if they can verify the presence of a James Wardell in any of their city directories for that time period. I'm sure that that is one of the first places that Mike Kauffman checked, but just in case... John, yell at me before Monday if you have already checked with Alexandria.

Laurie. This "John" can say that I did not find ANY Wardells living in Alexandria, during or after the war. There was a Wardell in D.C. but it appears he was in the "Boots and Shoes" business. This same guy had a business in Baltimore, at the same time - Ladies Boots and Shoes. I checked the Census and the City Directories, for Alexandria. The Library may have some Church Registries, or Professional Clubs etc. He may have been boarding somewhere, and because he was a detective, he is not listed. ( Ask about a roster of City Employees.) (or a Police report where he made the arrest.) If someone has a program for "Newspapers", please, try the Wardell name and see what comes up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ** NEW DISCOVERY REGARDING BOOTH AUTOPSY PHOTO - Hess1865 - 05-30-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: ** NEW DISCOVERY REGARDING BOOTH AUTOPSY PHOTO - Rhatkinson - 06-10-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: ** NEW DISCOVERY REGARDING BOOTH AUTOPSY PHOTO - Hess1865 - 06-28-2013, 11:31 PM
RE: ** NEW DISCOVERY REGARDING BOOTH AUTOPSY PHOTO - Rhatkinson - 07-12-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: ** NEW DISCOVERY REGARDING BOOTH AUTOPSY PHOTO - Rhatkinson - 07-12-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: ** NEW DISCOVERY REGARDING BOOTH AUTOPSY PHOTO - SSlater - 07-14-2013 10:47 PM
RE: ** NEW DISCOVERY REGARDING BOOTH AUTOPSY PHOTO - Rhatkinson - 07-24-2013, 07:05 PM
RE: ** NEW DISCOVERY REGARDING BOOTH AUTOPSY PHOTO - Hess1865 - 07-24-2013, 09:11 PM