What would Booth and Davis say to each other?
05-26-2013, 01:01 PM
RE: What would Booth and Davis say to each other?
Ouch--Laurie--I can feel the knife in my back. If you used the word story, or disputed story, I wouldn't have a problem. But novel sounds so final. I too have problems with some of my stories and I don't know if this story is true or not. I only know where it originated--the Davis family.
I would like to give you an extensive bibliography and numerous citations of existing documents and materials to support this story, but this was a secret meeting. Only three people knew about it: John Wilkes Booth, Jefferson Davis and Joseph Davis. They took strong steps to make certain this meeting would not be discovered.
Years after the Civil War, at family get-togethers, at night, sitting around the fire, the Davis family would tell stories about the war. This was one such story.
Laurie, I am sorry that I subjected you to a blow-by-blow posting of my ideas. I will try to ignore as many post as I can and slow or stop posting altogether.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would Booth and Davis say to each other? - Troy Cowan - 05-26-2013 01:01 PM