Show us your Lincoln collectables!
11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Show us your Lincoln collectables!
(11-08-2012 10:17 AM)Gene C Wrote:  There's nothing like the smell of an old book. A certian earthyness, a sense of must and dust. It's part of the fun of going into an old used book store. It must be an acquired taste, my kids haven't grown to appreciate it yet.

Oh, me too! I've always wondered if it comes from memories of my old school library, which was just a musty little room in a corner of the basement, filled with musty old books. One day a week mothers volunteered as librarians, and I believe mine was the first. The beginning of my love affair ...

In our family, we all love to give (and receive) old books as gifts. Not valuable ones, like Betty's leather bound ones, but ones we find at thrift shops, and flea markets, and library book sales. Even my two four-year-old grandsons have gotten the bug. They have their own growing library of classic (and not quite yet) childrens' literature, because Grammy can afford to spoil them thanks to Amazon marketplace and library discards. I think books are already one of their favorite things in the world too!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Show us your Lincoln collectables! - Dawn E Foster - 11-08-2012 01:40 PM
RE: Show us your Lincoln collectables! - Hess1865 - 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM