Assassination Video Chat Today (4/16) @ 5:00 EST
04-16-2013, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 08:32 AM by Dave Taylor.)
RE: Assassination Video Chat Today (4/16) @ 5:00 EST
If you "Look Inside" the author's book on Amazon, you can read most of his 8 page "chapter" on the Lincoln assassination. I notice a few errors after a quick read:

"Powell was arrested at the home of Mary Surratt in Surrattsville, Maryland." Swing and a miss. Powell was arrested in Washington at Mary's boarding house.

"On April 26, Federal troops trapped Booth and Herold in a barn in Virginia. In the ensuing gun battle, Booth was killed and Herold captured." One shot fired from Boston Corbett's gun = a gun battle?

He also mentions the plan was to kill those in the presidential line of succession, which we know Seward was not.

George "admitted at the trial" that he helped in Booth's plan to kidnap Lincoln. The accused were allowed to speak at the trial now?

"The other four defendants were found guilty of helping the assassins escape and sentenced to prison." I think Sam Arnold and Michael O'Laughlen would have a problem with this generalization.

So already I have a few things to bring up, I suppose.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assassination Video Chat Today (4/16) @ 5:00 EST - Dave Taylor - 04-16-2013 08:21 AM
RE: Assassination Video Chat Today (4/16) @ 5:00 EST - Rhatkinson - 04-16-2013, 10:00 AM
RE: Assassination Video Chat Today (4/16) @ 5:00 EST - Rhatkinson - 04-16-2013, 05:15 PM