Surratt Conference presentations
03-18-2013, 11:21 AM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations
I want to thank Laurie and all the volunteers and staff at the Surratt Society. It so much fun to attend a conference with people who are truly interested in the curlicues of the Lincoln assassination and care enough to get every detail as correct as possible.
Erik Jendresen was amazing.
Betty Ownsbey keeps turning up new information that hasn't been written about in 150 years -- and Betty's so kind about sharing her knowledge and her methods.
I wish there were a way to Xerox Wes Harris and Dr. Blaine Houmes because they are such solid resource persons for anyone studying the assassination.
David Taylor not only told us things we didn't know about the Garrett family -- he brought a family member along. Looking forward to his book on the Garretts.
Tom Bogar's scrupulous research and his ability to look at the assassination through a theater lens is sure to yield an amazing book in November when "Backstage at the Lincoln Assasination" is published.
And I'm grateful for Jim Garrett and Rich Smyth's guide to graves, "The Lincoln Assassination: Where Are They Now?"
The best part was meeting other people who get excited by a tiny discovered fact or a found photo like Betty Ownsbey's shot of the Branson Boarding House.
Thank you all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Surratt Conference presentations - Rhatkinson - 03-17-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - Rhatkinson - 03-17-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - Lincoln Wonk - 03-18-2013 11:21 AM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - Hess1865 - 03-18-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - Rhatkinson - 03-19-2013, 07:51 PM