Surratt Conference presentations
03-18-2013, 10:52 AM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations
I'll second that, Laurie!

I was 25 when I joined the Surratt Society (I won't say how many YEARS ago!!) I learned at the knee of the best - Messrs. Hall, Brennan, General Tidwell and Father Keesler.... these younguns' are our future torch bearers!

OK - here are some "highlights" of the Conference -

Please excuse the poor quality of some of the photos! I have a new Canon SLR Camera and I'm just getting the hang of attempting to use it! It's got more buttons than I know what to do with! Thanks to Matt, Barry Cauchon and Christine and Blaine Houmes for assisting me with the BETTER photos!!

Early on Friday morning, Linda Anderson, her husband Phil, Nancy Griffith, Art Candenquist and myself went to Fort McNair Quarters 20. They had never seen the trial room.

[Image: gangatmcnair.jpg]

The rooms look great! We are in the process of making benches for the prisoner's dock (No chairs were in the dock) and more or less "set dressing" the courtroom -

[Image: quarters20trialroom.jpg]

[Image: quarters20trialroomdoor.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Linda seated in the Prisoner's Dock

[Image: lindaindock.jpg]

Afterwards we had lunch at the Wok N' Roll - (Surratt Boarding House) in downtown DC and were lucky enough to get parallel parking on the street in front of the restaurant!

[Image: lunchatwoknroll.jpg]

We stopped by Surratt House before the reception and caught up with Dr. Blaine Houmes and Joe Beckett. Here is Blaine, Laurie and Tom, the Surratt Treasurer (sorry, but I can't remember his last name!!)

[Image: blainelaurieandsurrattt.jpg]

We sat and talked in the motel lobby while waiting to attend the Friday night Reception at the James O. Hall Study Center - Linda and Tom Thorne

[Image: lindaandtom.jpg]

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Surratt Conference presentations - Rhatkinson - 03-17-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - Rhatkinson - 03-17-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - BettyO - 03-18-2013 10:52 AM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - Hess1865 - 03-18-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - Rhatkinson - 03-19-2013, 07:51 PM