Surratt Conference presentations
03-17-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations
Over the years, we have debated taping the presentations and selling them in the gift shop. At first, the cost was prohibitive. We then thought of having each speaker submit their talk to us for publication afterwards. I caught it with that suggestion - most of the speakers do not have their thoughts written out in true script form - just notes - and had no inclination to change that style.

Finally, we discussed the taping issue once again and decided not to again. Our biggest fear is that people will pay the lesser amount of purchasing the tape and forego the naturally larger expense of attending the conference. We're actually into maintaining the camaraderie of our historical neighborhood as much as the presentations themselves. The interaction between events, at meals, at day's end, etc. is remarkable.

Of course, we have no objections to the speakers relaying their presentations on their own. Word of caution: Just be sure to include copyright restrictions if you forward them on. Don't do the work and then let someone steal it word for word. And, yes, that happens. I have seen it quite a few times and have been a victim of it myself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Surratt Conference presentations - Rhatkinson - 03-17-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - L Verge - 03-17-2013 06:41 PM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - Rhatkinson - 03-17-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - Hess1865 - 03-18-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Surratt Conference presentations - Rhatkinson - 03-19-2013, 07:51 PM