Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions)
03-03-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions)
This is my first post. I used to post on another site. I have been here a couple of weeks and decided to pull the trigger on a post.

With that said, I thought the movie was extremely well done. I admit I was a little skeptical of the Tom Hanks part but it was done beautifully. I by no means and an expert on this subject but I find it fascinating. There were several parts I was looking for the details and they were there. With me knowing just a fraction of stuff compared to most on here, we have heard the story over and over again and we know how it ends. So in knowing that we look for even the smallest of details. This movie had them.

There were a couple of parts I was unsure of, but reading through this thread it appears it was gotten right in the movie. There were also a couple of things still in question that were commented on earlier in this thread and I will not rehash.

One thing I may have missed that was not discussed was after Booth shot Lincoln it appears Lincoln's head was resting back. I thought he was slumped forward after the shot.

Parts I really enjoyed:
1. Booth going under the stage to the other side. Never really thought about it before but it must have been dark under there and I got a sense of what it must have been like in that crossing.
2. The costumes seemed very true to the period.
3. Overall setting of DC it made me feel as if i was there.
4. The little side stories, such as Booth with Asia and the letters Booth wrote

Overall it was very well done and thank Erik for a fine piece of work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-25-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-26-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-26-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Matthew R - 03-03-2013 08:28 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 03-03-2013, 11:42 PM