Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions)
02-17-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions)
Overall, I enjoyed it thoroughly. There were a few things I didn't care for.…Booth was a little over-acted for my taste, I think Mudd was shown treating Booth in a bed when I believe it was actually done downstairs on the red settee, and Stanton didn't really come across as the force I believe he was. Though I did appreciate that Stanton's physical characteristics were done right. That's one of the things that still nags at me a little bit about The Conspirator. That said, I believe that this was very well done, and the entire time I did a lot of head nodding as I continued to notice how many things were right. I was skeptical before hand about the whole Tom Hanks thing, but as it turned out that was very well done and I realized fairly early on why it was necessary. I've always thought the best way to do the assassination story would be a mini-series, where there's plenty of time to really dig in. Considering the time constraints, I believe the narration was a good way to handle it, and that worked very well for me. I also liked the way Booth shouted sic semper in the box and again on the stage. And I loved the way the pictures of the real conspirators were shown at the end. There were many things that got glossed over or left out that I would love to have seen, but as I said that's simply not possible when there's less that 2 hours to work with. All in all I enjoyed it very much, and those involved should be proud.

"The interment of John Booth was without trickery or stealth, but no barriers of evidence, no limits of reason ever halted the Great American Myth." - George S. Bryan, The Great American Myth
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - jonathan - 02-17-2013 11:39 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-25-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-26-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 02-26-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln - Nat Geo (Reactions) - Hess1865 - 03-03-2013, 11:42 PM