What Was The Role of David Herold
04-15-2013, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2013 06:50 PM by Gene C.)
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold
Why Powell returned to the Surratt house has a lot to do with the guilt or inocence of Mary Surratt. Did he show up at her door because there was no other place to go? Did he have no other options? He may not have been interested in "ladies of the evening", but he might have been interested in whatever help he could get from someone to help him get away, someone like Ella Star perhaps. Someone who didn't care for the police or law enforcement authorities. There were a few people who hated Lincoln and what he was trying to do, that might have helped Powell. He seemed to think there was someone in Baltimore, why souldn't we also consider their might be someone also in Washington? I never would have imagined he would head north to Baltimore, till BettyO mentioned it and has researched it to a point that it now seems a real posibility, and as far as I know, this is a fairly new development

We have noted historians, people whose work I respect, that disagree on some things. We also have some "supposed historians" that are not very good researchers (and I'm not just talking about Bill O'Reilly & crew). Just watch some of the garbage on the history channel. If people have already researched the "what ifs", that's great. I'm just asking questions because I don't know and if someone else does, please share it with me. Some of this stuff just doesn't add up to me.

Sorry if I offended anyone by seeming to doubt their research, but their research has created a few new questions. I haven't spent as much time on Lincoln Assassination history like some of you have, and I don't have the training in historical research. I'm amazed at what you folks find and know. I haven't thought all of this through, so please if I ask something, I'm not doing it to irritate you (well usually I'm not). I 've written enough things on this site that you have to know I'm not trying to show I'm smarter or more intuative than anyone. I'm even interested in learning more about the unusual stuff Ray Neff wrote. Thanks

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 01-07-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Hess1865 - 01-31-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 04-14-2013, 12:09 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Gene C - 04-15-2013 06:07 PM