What Was The Role of David Herold
03-07-2013, 05:03 AM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold
(03-06-2013 07:51 PM)L Verge Wrote:  The sources cited from Hertz, Van Doren Stern, Shelton, and Roscoe are certainly not trustworthy in my opinion. I'm one of those who cut my teeth on Web of Conspiracy and still recommends that well-read students in our field read that one, but I admit that Roscoe used some questionable sources and hinted too much of Eisenschiml to suit me.

None of those hints necessarily suggest that Robert was referring to a member of the Lincoln administration - if indeed he said anything at all.

Jerry - tell us more about Benjamin Wood (there's that Wood name again that gives me fits - any kin to Fernando?) and Sunset Cox.

Laurie:

I am not surprised that you are not enamored of the sources given; neither am I, but that is all I have at this stage. Remember, however, that even a blind man can stumble over a gem occasionally, and, conversely, that even the masters go astray occasionally. (Example: Mike Kauffman has written that Hanscomb hand-delivered the package from the White House to Lincoln in the presidential box, but Hanscomb himself said that he left it with Forbes and did not hand- deliver it to Lincoln.) Kauffman is addressing our Roundtable next week and I plan to ask him about this, gently and kindly, and a few other things, including his apparent acceptance of the myth of kidnapping.This one is dying hard, like the simple conspiracy theory, but I am nudging it into its well deserved grave.

I remain, Madam, your most obedient & etc.

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 01-07-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Hess1865 - 01-31-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - John Fazio - 03-07-2013 05:03 AM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 04-14-2013, 12:09 PM