What Was The Role of David Herold
02-11-2013, 10:49 AM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold
I have brought this question up before. I do not know where John Surratt was, but like you, I feel the Washington evidence should at least be looked at. In addition to what you said:

1. In George Atzerodt's confession of July 6 he wrote, "Booth told me that Surratt was in the Herndon House on the night of the murder, the 14th of April, we were not all together at the Herndon House. Booth told me that Surratt was to help at the box, that he expected others in the box. I saw Surratt a few moments ago." This would seem to jive with Dye's testimony that John Surratt was standing in front of Ford's Theatre right before the assassination. In 1867, Dye testified that John Surratt had been in front of the theater and that his thin, pale face had so impressed him that he afterwards saw it in his dreams.

2. On Wednesday, April 12, Mary Surratt told Richard Smoot that John would likely be in town on the 14th.

3. The ledger pages for the Brainard Hotel in Elmira for the dates "John Harrison" was allegedly there are mysteriously missing.

All I am saying is that I don't think we can say with 100% certainty that Surratt was in Elmira. I just think the Washington evidence is certainly worthy of attention.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 01-07-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Hess1865 - 01-31-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - RJNorton - 02-11-2013 10:49 AM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: What Was The Role of David Herold - Art Loux - 04-14-2013, 12:09 PM