The Truth about Abraham and Mary's Marriage
12-12-2012, 05:12 PM
RE: The Truth about Abraham and Mary's Marriage
Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well and getting into the holiday mood! My thoughts on this marriage is alot like everyone else. Most books I have read give almost the same description of their relationship. I have read about Mary's temperment and how she is said to have thrown things at Lincoln. And how she sometimes felt unappreciated by him. Also I believe that his relationship with his boys at times appravated her. He was a very lenient parent. But I also feel for Mary because she had to deal with Lincoln's melancholy and also being alone to raise their boys during Lincoln's absence for months during his early days becoming a lawyer and having to travel the circuit from town to town. Also I know a number of couples that would compare to Mary & Lincoln and are still together. I am sure all of us know of these types of people and some may be are close friends. Lastly my next book I plan to purchase is The Mary Lincoln Enigna. I have heard good things about the book.
Have a good day my friends
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Truth about Abraham and Mary's Marriage - GARY POPOLO - 12-12-2012 05:12 PM