Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
11-12-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
(11-12-2012 08:23 PM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  I think JWB had it all planned pretty darn well. He was successful in the assassination and escape from the theatre and the city. It was that pesky detail of the broken leg.Sad

Yes. Jim. Unfortunately successful. But not knowing for sure what obstacles that he would encounter to escape the theatre - or perhaps even what potential fight would ensue in the Presidential box - I continue to be bothered by a single shot derringer. I keep asking myself why? Let us say that is he would have chosen an alternative weapon the President would have still been shot and Rathbone could have been dispatched in short order. No struggle to exit the box - perhaps no broken leg. Was he that sure of himself?

It would appear that a he was willing to scare or even inflict injury upon others while he attempted to escape the theatre - Harry Hawk etc.

On another note was it whiskey and water, or brandy and water and Taltuval's saloon? Perhaps it makes no difference except for historical accuracy ...M
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination - Peter Taltavul - 11-12-2012 10:24 PM