Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
10-24-2012, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 01:18 PM by Laurie Verge.)
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
Jerry,

I understand your thoughts and frustrations and have heard them from many an authority - even the great ones like James O. Hall - when their logic is telling them one thing, but they can't find evidence to document it. I don't think that the good researchers ignore things, I think they are trained to not put it in non-fiction print without the facts to back it up.

However, to me, it's the nagging little "what ifs" that keep the good researchers going. I bet right now that several people on this forum are going to be pursuing their thoughts even further. Each generation breeds new researchers who might miss something that earlier people overlooked or didn't connect the dots. A good example of this is the burial site of George Atzerodt. For thirty-plus years, we thought that the conspirator had been secretly buried in St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetery in Baltimore. Dave Taylor recently presented some substantial evidence that his remains are likely still in Washington.

My point is that, as long as we keep bouncing ideas off each other, the more likely it is that something documentable will pop up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination - Laurie Verge - 10-24-2012 11:40 AM