Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
10-24-2012, 10:32 AM
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination
(10-23-2012 07:14 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Let's not get hot under the collar about this. Let's continue to theorize and defend our beliefs. Who knows, there might be an answer out there with documentation behind it.

Laurie,
Here's my problem - we know what we know. There are no more answers out there with documentation behind it. Even if we found something it would be attacked mercilessly by skeptics.

The story we know has some obvious holes in it that our predecessors have chosen to ignore. Some have chosen to fill them with explanations that have been taken as fact over the years.

What I find frustrating is when someone who knows the story and is willing to challenge the status-quo with a better explanation of facts is trivialized by nothing more than wild-eyed speculation. Maybe it's true that a prophet in his own country is without honor.

Now as an 'old teacher' myself I'm all for give and take but if you want to challenge Bill's theory or add to it you have to follow the sequence of events.

What changed about Booth from his appearance in the theater until he showed up at the bridge. What did he have there that he didn't have here or vice versa? For example I don't think he had a broken leg since I could find nothing in the record to support that claim.

Is there anything in the record between Johnny Peanuts and Sgt. Cobb? If not then any speculation is possible but IMO it must be more logical than a stop at the boarding house.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth's visit to the Surratt Boarding House after the assassination - JMadonna - 10-24-2012 10:32 AM